• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

I fucking hate Liverpool fans so much. State of this cunt:

"Whatever team we choose we will have too much for Wolves. They are a fine side, with an excellent skipper, but Anfield should be raw with passion. They are playing the World Champions. The banners will say so. It will all be too much"

If Jota has a blinder where everything he touches turns to gold then I fancy us.

Park the bus time.
2bc272a660a9ee1ae29f27cc1883bdec.jpg

Neto, Vinagre, Bennett and Kilman for Doc, Adama, Raul and Saiss

Got to presume it's dendonker midfield in a 3, Bennett at the back, vinagre left and jonny right in a 532

I can’t see us lining up like that. Otto at RWB, Vinagre LWB, Bennett CB and Dendonker in midfield with two up top for the counter attack. I would like to see Dendonker playing deeper than Neves.

You have to say that the team selection is not a huge vote of confidence in Patrick Cutrone. Wonder if the Fiorentina rumours are right?

Pretty annoyed that Cutrone hasn’t started, otherwise can’t blame the changes, we have another game in 3 days and one 40 hours ago. Watford will have had an extra days rest too.

I wouldn't read ANYTHING into transfer rumours*

*mini-Haaland was certainly off to Juventus yesterday, and yet today has gone to Dortmund

You have to say that the team selection is not a huge vote of confidence in Patrick Cutrone. Wonder if the Fiorentina rumours are right?

I'd say it definitely gives strength to the rumours if Jota is preferred as a false 9 as opposed to him

They’ve gone full strength so this is a near on impossible task. As above, park the bus. We have decent options off the bench o suppose if we can stay in the game as long as possible

Yeah it's definitely a 352 park the bus. Damage limitation is fair enough given it's less than 48 hours since we played City and they've had an extra day. Traore will come on at some point to give us some pace on the counter if we're still in it at 60.

It would say to me that i wasnt a Nuno buy.

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that he wasn't, same person who brought Vallejo in apparently. Having said that I don't think this is the type of game for Cutrone, he'd be isolated up top on his own most of the time so I wouldn't read too much into it.

It would say to me that i wasnt a Nuno buy.
Really?

Or, just like Donck a year ago he still thinks he needs to improve. Nuno doesnt chuck players in the bin, if they arent doing what he knows they can do he will hold them back until he is happy.

Really?

Or, just like Donck a year ago he still thinks he needs to improve. Nuno doesnt chuck players in the bin, if they arent doing what he knows they can do he will hold them back until he is happy.

Exactly. Cutrone is 21 and will improve massively, playing him today could do him more harm than good as he won't cover the ground that Jota and Neto will plus VVD would just mark him out of the game. At least those two are small, agile and nimble so have every chance of turning someone as big as VVD.

Can only improve by playing.. 10mins here and there in a tiring team aint gonna do much.

Got to presume it's dendonker midfield in a 3, Bennett at the back, vinagre left and jonny right in a 532

I can’t see us lining up like that. Otto at RWB, Vinagre LWB, Bennett CB and Dendonker in midfield with two up top for the counter attack. I would like to see Dendonker playing deeper than Neves.

That would bve the obvious way to line up - practical variation given the schedule (& teams we are playing) really.

If we are still in the game with 20 mins to go we have game changers on the bench.

Always felt that if we came out of these 2 matches with anything over 3 points we would have been a huge sucess.

Back