• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

I don't mind us keeping a bit [?] back for Watford, just hope we don't get whipped is all.

Neto and Jota both have the ability to pick up the ball from deep and carry the ball forward with pace and drag us up the pitch, which must be the tactic here. It does leave us without an obvious focal point that Raul or Cutrone would give us though

We're going to need players up front that can come and fetch the ball from midfield and I don't think Cutrone is ideally suited to that, nor does he have the minutes under his belt.

The fact that liverpool are given a whole day longer to rest in such a quick turnaround gives them a huge advantage, SKY want to show a spectacle but in doing their schedule they handicap the underdog. Just hope its not a mauling and we give good account of ourselves.

Watford is clearly the more likely game to win, but the team picked is not without ability even against Liverpool this season.

Need to defend well & protect the ball when we have it & no silly mistakes.

Going all out after Fridays exertions was not possible with only 45 hrs between the games - unfortunate that we got scheduled against the 2 best teams in the league in consecutive games this close together.

As long as we aren't out of the game by 60-70 minutes we can bring on Jimi and Traore and then who knows what might happen

Cutrone not out warming up, think it’s Buur instead.

confirmed late replacement in the squad.

Sensible changes. The extra rest for them allied to the fact they're very good and at home means we are up against it and it would be silly not to have an eye on Watford. Interested to see how Kilman does, I think he might do very well.

Official. I'm starting the baseless, refused to sit on the bench rumour

Off the wall question mate, back in the 60s I played in the Wolverhampton Works League with a guy named Dave Towner. Wouldn't be a relative would it?

Football on, chocolate orange tapped AND unwrapped. Let's do this business.

Got a bad feeling we are going to get completely fucking humped.

Mind you, 3 points out of six in this little nasty run with no rest is still excellent. RedCafe are moaning about our line-up. Fucking pricks. What are we exactly supposed to do?

Cutrone wouldn't be the type of player you'd want up top anyway.

Jota is much better at dribbling, retaining the ball and generally and clever play, he's likely to be isolated and I just think more suited than Cutrone to what's being asked of him

nah cutrone would get eaten in this game, and the four changes may get the last 20 mins depending.....am not expecting anything from this game, so Watford is the priority for me

Got a bad feeling we are going to get completely fucking humped.

Mind you, 3 points out of six in this little nasty run with no rest is still excellent. RedCafe are moaning about our line-up. Fucking pricks. What are we exactly supposed to do?

Feels like one of those cup games in the first season. We expect to get tanked but reality turns out different

snowing here and the internet is bolloxed, get comms and then don't, so any extra game info on the matchday thread is a bonus. thanks lads in advance

Cutrone wouldn't be the type of player you'd want up top anyway.

Jota is much better at dribbling, retaining the ball and generally and clever play, he's likely to be isolated and I just think more suited than Cutrone to what's being asked of him

Cutrone ill apparently.
Personally, i dont think we will ever play in a style to suit Cutrone... its up to him to adapt i suppose.

Agree that Cutrone was not the obvious sub anyway - if we are still in the game with 20 to go then Raul would be the one to come on

Well one thing I thought I never would see happen has happened, and Nuno has finally played Jonny at right wing back.

Back