• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Didn't say he'd been poor? I said good because he can do even better.

I just have a feeling that he isn't quite right for Poch. In that he isn't 6 foot, fast and strong.

A few Leicester fans I know are saying it is time that a good few of the title winning squad were moved on. Mahrez, Huth and Morgan amongst others are getting most of the criticism. These fans have very short memories.

I just have a feeling that he isn't quite right for Poch. In that he isn't 6 foot, fast and strong.

He's their best pure footballer by a street for me. They should focus on keeping him as just about every club about would be after him if they looked to shift him on.

He's their best pure footballer by a street for me. They should focus on keeping him as just about every club about would be after him if they looked to shift him on.

A few Leicester fans I know are saying it is time that a good few of the title winning squad were moved on. Mahrez, Huth and Morgan amongst others are getting most of the criticism. These fans have very short memories.

Or the players have aged in their abilities have gone (both centre backs are the wrong side of 30) and Mahrez hasn't sustained any kind of form apart from one season, which follows the norm for his career.

Nobody lasts forever and the best managers know when to sell players and break teams up. No room for sentimentality in football as it is ultimately a survival of the fittest game.

Or the players have aged in their abilities have gone (both centre backs are the wrong side of 30) and Mahrez hasn't sustained any kind of form apart from one season, which follows the norm for his career.

Nobody lasts forever and the best managers know when to sell players and break teams up. No room for sentimentality in football as it is ultimately a survival of the fittest game.

Absolutely. Hughes, Kanchelskis, Ince, Bruce, Pallister, Becks, Keane, Butt, Cole, RvN...Fergie knew when to get rid even though all those players were amazing for him (and he was in the process of getting shot of Rooney too). Stam is pretty much the only major one he got wrong and he admits it.

Bar one season where he was admittedly superb, Wes Morgan has always been a lower half Championship lump of a centre half. As mobile as a skip.

Huth and Morgan certainly could be replaced by better standard of defenders.
No point keeping players on sentiment, their summer signings were pretty poor also which didn't strengthen them at all.

75 PL goals in 112 games for Kane, he's very, very good.

When he was on loan at Millwall people who were 'respected' in the game said that Kane wouldn't make it. Wasn't tall enough, strong enough, mobile enough or technically good enough for the top level.

How wrong can you be?

I definitely got it wrong with him. Tbh sometimes I still watch him and I'm confused by how he's good, because I don't think his technique is that great, when he dribbles it's more of a lumbering bundle than a cute take on, but he's ridiculously effective. Definitely helps that he gets more clear cut chances than any forward in the league, obviously, but his game intelligence and movement is utterly phenomenal

I find Kane a strange one at times, you look at pretty much any aspect of his game and it's nothing special for the most part, not that quick or skillful, don't think he links play as well as some, isn't a massive immovable object, there's no one area of his game that stands out as anything special to me whenever I watch him, not that he's bad in any of those respects, far from it but I don't think he's particularly special in any department. I think the biggest difference between Kane and many of his peers is attitude, he's bought into what Pochettino is doing and provides a fantastic work ethic, pretty much every time the ball gets put in the box Kane is there, again I don't think his movement is anything special for the most part but he just gets himself in there at every opportunity so chances are going to come his way. He's one of those players that make the absolute most of everything they have going for them, I think on paper he looks like a steady all rounder but than attitude and work rate is what puts him above that, he chases every ball, gambles on every cross and isn't afraid to just have a swing when something sits up nice.

From when he first started scoring regularly I'd been expecting it to be a purple patch that would soon fade away but he just keeps on going, keeps putting himself in there and getting the chances to put away, I don't think I'll ever be a fan of his as such but can't fault the career he's making for himself.

Attitude is a massive thing with him, it should be for every young player. It's why Sam Winnall has made it and Adam Proudlock didn't (the latter was a much more naturally talented player IMO).

Most Leicester fans hate Kane because he was crap when he was on loan with them.

Kane is great. Shame he cor breathe though his konk though ay :icon_smile:

I find Kane a strange one at times, you look at pretty much any aspect of his game and it's nothing special for the most part, not that quick or skillful, don't think he links play as well as some, isn't a massive immovable object, there's no one area of his game that stands out as anything special to me whenever I watch him, not that he's bad in any of those respects, far from it but I don't think he's particularly special in any department. I think the biggest difference between Kane and many of his peers is attitude, he's bought into what Pochettino is doing and provides a fantastic work ethic, pretty much every time the ball gets put in the box Kane is there, again I don't think his movement is anything special for the most part but he just gets himself in there at every opportunity so chances are going to come his way. He's one of those players that make the absolute most of everything they have going for them, I think on paper he looks like a steady all rounder but than attitude and work rate is what puts him above that, he chases every ball, gambles on every cross and isn't afraid to just have a swing when something sits up nice.

From when he first started scoring regularly I'd been expecting it to be a purple patch that would soon fade away but he just keeps on going, keeps putting himself in there and getting the chances to put away, I don't think I'll ever be a fan of his as such but can't fault the career he's making for himself.

I think he is managing to improve all aspects of his game as he goes along, his control and link up play is a lot better than in his first season for sure. Spurs are a lot worse as a team without him in it because he is involved in so much of their attacking play not just because he finishes the moves off.

When Dele first started playing for Spurs I really didn't expect him to come on so quickly. The hype train came quickly and I was saying nahh he's overrated. He proved me wrong ha. He was a bit raw but yeah, he's smashing it now.

Eriksen is my fav player for them. He's on my top :icon_rolleyes:. He's smashed it too. I think it's just his style and attitude, bit too laid back. He has more impact now and doesn't hide as much like he used to but still feel there's a bit missing and he could be eeeven better. Also a sneaky feeling he might leave, perhaps next summer though

I really like him and he has proved over 3 seasons or so that he is no flash in the pan. He just has that gift for scoring and I hope he takes off for England and maybe gets close to Rooney's record. He also comes across as a well grounded and nice young chap (I feel like Ray Wilkins saying that) who lives an exemplary lifestyle

Hopefully the Millwall fans start kicking off soon. Don't know what's taking them so long.

Ergh Millwall promoted, followed by a pitch invasion which almost never happens at Wembley vile club with fans to match.

Back