• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Bullshit penalty but a penalty nonetheless. Moses could have stepped over that if he wanted to - reminded me of those old football computer games.

Spurs look the better team, i fancy them to win this

horrible to see dives like that rewarded. hopefully won't have to suffer any 'entitled to go down' baloney from the pundits.

bad keeper error for the first as well.

Son lays a hurdle and a Moses leaps over it for a penalty. Ludicrous from Son.

Chelsea's whole season has been about efficiency rather than blowing people away with mesmorising football, people have gone nuts for Conte's 343 but in my opinion it's just a makeshift to get the best out of what he's got available, it's certainly not the tried and tested formula that so many pundits have wrongly stated so many times because at Juve it was nearly always 3142 to free up Pirlo in a position where he could sit and dictate play.

They're a long way from perfect, I think that shows just how good a job Conte has done when you look at some of the areas where he's had to make do. Only one of his back 3 really looks a natural for that role, Azpilicueta is still more of a fullback and can be exposed aerially whereas Cahill is just too much of a tugboat to play that system at that level, the preferred central midfield of Matic and Kante lacks threat but Fabregas can't always be trusted to retain the solidity those bring, even the much lauded wingbacks aren't ideal, Moses been a bit of a lost boy for years and Alonso is another that just doesn't look quite right.

I think it could be an interesting summer at Chelsea, I think with the success the 343 has bought for the likes of Pedro, Hazard and Willian could see Conte stick with it and look to improve individuals in the other areas rather than cast them aside looking to move back to a more conventional shape along the lines of 352.

Incredible pass. I just sat there applauding that goal :icon_lol:

Wonderful goal from Spurs.

Fantastic ball from Eriksen and Good finish from Dele Alli.

Deserved equaliser, been all Spurs this second half

Chelsea's whole season has been about efficiency rather than blowing people away with mesmorising football, people have gone nuts for Conte's 343 but in my opinion it's just a makeshift to get the best out of what he's got available, it's certainly not the tried and tested formula that so many pundits have wrongly stated so many times because at Juve it was nearly always 3142 to free up Pirlo in a position where he could sit and dictate play.

They're a long way from perfect, I think that shows just how good a job Conte has done when you look at some of the areas where he's had to make do. Only one of his back 3 really looks a natural for that role, Azpilicueta is still more of a fullback and can be exposed aerially whereas Cahill is just too much of a tugboat to play that system at that level, the preferred central midfield of Matic and Kante lacks threat but Fabregas can't always be trusted to retain the solidity those bring, even the much lauded wingbacks aren't ideal, Moses been a bit of a lost boy for years and Alonso is another that just doesn't look quite right.

I think it could be an interesting summer at Chelsea, I think with the success the 343 has bought for the likes of Pedro, Hazard and Willian could see Conte stick with it and look to improve individuals in the other areas rather than cast them aside looking to move back to a more conventional shape along the lines of 352.

Agree largely with this.

What Conte has done, coming to a team in quite a bit of a mess from last season, is kept it very simple and created a system that benefits his best players. That and having Kante who has for the most part been incredible for them.

The challenge next season will be competing in the league again and in europe, which I think Conte will manage fairly well. Better than others previously.

Can see it going that way Cyber, for sure.

Spurs are such a lovely team to watch. I really hope they keep the group (and Poch) together as they could really achieve something if they do. Dembele is awesome

Can see it going that way Cyber, for sure.

Spurs are such a lovely team to watch. I really hope they keep the group (and Poch) together as they could really achieve something if they do. Dembele is awesome

I long to see some of that sort of football and quality being played by us. Dream on methinks!

good finish I thought, but you'd think spurs should have had someone on the edge there.

Poor defending to leave Hazard completely free on the edge of the box

Back