• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupidly high line. Made it too easy. Any sort of ball in the space (there was tons of it) was going to be difficult to defend.

As it stands Birmingham City will be in one of the automatic promotion places. Gary Rowett has done an amazing job at St Andrews.

Can't decide whether this is good or bad - Brum beating Bolton away. Puts Brum into second as it stands, but Bolton go bottom as a result of that.

Fairplay to Arsenal, they did to Guardiola what Mourinho did to his Barca side with Inter, got men behind the ball and just watched them play their slow sideways passing game waiting for the chance to break. It's a waste of players like Costa, Lewandowski and Vidal sticking to that sort of game plan so rigidly, especially when it's blatantly not working, you've got the ability to try and be more direct so have a go at them, try and change the direction of your attack with a bit more tempo.

Fairplay to Arsenal, they did to Guardiola what Mourinho did to his Barca side with Inter, got men behind the ball and just watched them play their slow sideways passing game waiting for the chance to break. It's a waste of players like Costa, Lewandowski and Vidal sticking to that sort of game plan so rigidly, especially when it's blatantly not working, you've got the ability to try and be more direct so have a go at them, try and change the direction of your attack with a bit more tempo.

Bang on. Football is all about what you do when you have the ball and not how long you have it, Bayern far too often just look to knock it around because when they are more direct they are pretty much unstoppable.

I hate pep. Ruined Bayern. And trying to reinvent the wheel and fucking it up in his strategy of defending the free kick.

I can't stand him when he sticks so rigidly to his possession wankfest.

The tempo is just none existant and so you've got all these world class players just taking 5-6 touches to knock pissy little 10 yard passes between each other at walking pace, makes them all look like aren't arsed or just being cocky pricks not trying. Still puzzles me a little why some players would want to sign for him, like Vidal, fair enough he's a coach who's won the very top competitions and has this fantastic reputation but you can just see from a mile off that he isn't really going to play in a way that would make the most of some players.

I hate pep. Ruined Bayern. And trying to reinvent the wheel and fucking it up in his strategy of defending the free kick.

His teams have always been truly rancid at defending set pieces.

I think Mark said it in the summer, why would you sign Vidal and ask him to play with the handbrake on, he is probably the best midfielder of his type in the world but Bayern don't let their players operate that way.

His teams have always been truly rancid at defending set pieces.

I think Mark said it in the summer, why would you sign Vidal and ask him to play with the handbrake on, he is probably the best midfielder of his type in the world but Bayern don't let their players operate that way.

Yeah at barca it was mainly because they were a team of dwarves bar pique, Bayern aren't massive but have enough height. Defending that high gave Cazorla acres to drop it in behind and as a result means your defenders are going to have to face their own goal. Sit on the edge of the area (like every team ever) and it requires more quality to get it behind where it Isn't down the keepers throat.

Real absolutely battered them off set plays in the 2014 semi final. Looked like they were going to score off every single dead ball.

It's not glamorous work but I don't care who you are, you have to learn to defend simple balls into the box.

I just caught the back end of beIN's coverage of Arsenal Munich. Keys and Gray!!!!

Stååle Solbacken in the swedish viasat studio before tha malmö-shaktar game...

Say anything noteworthy?

He came across as a very good manager and professional for scandinavian teams..working good in the transfer market, said that FCK have a very young team and thought they will be successful soon..he talked a lot with Lagerbäck that has been swe national manager and now has taken iceland to their first euro championship..maybe he just didnt fit in english football

Sakho looking surprisingly composed for Liverpool tonight, granted there isn't any real pressure on him from 10 man Rubin Kazan but he looks to have reasonable control over his limbs which is a welcome change for him.

Lallana been heavily involved taking up some nice positions but there just isn't enough going on in the box for them, Origi barely had a mention, Benteke had one half chance that he made a mess of but they don't really look like scoring anytime soon.

Benteke just hit the post, again a good run from Lallana had them in a dangerous area, he slipped it outside the defender for Benteke to come onto and he's tried to place on into the far corner only to see it rebound back out into no-mans land.

Firmino looks a bit of a show pony gimp on this evidence, tried some fancy things with no result and been knocked off it a couple of times, nothing to get excited about yet.

Sick to death of Chelsea's victim culture. Just fuck off.

Sick to death of Chelsea's victim culture. Just fuck off.

Yep, I'm watching this and it's unbelievable. Two stone wall bookings for Matic, yet they surround the ref after he's rightly sent off and someone on the Chelsea bench ran on the pitch.

TBH I thought the ref dealt with it really well, booking players for dissent, sending off the Chelsea official (don't know who it was).

If Mourinho moans about the sending off, he can fuck off. Disgraceful from their whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back