• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland have been rank all half but Fletcher has just won a penalty. Coloccini barges Fletcher out of the way in the area. Daft challenge and he has got a red card as well. Might be harsh because Fletcher didn't have the ball so it wasn;t a clear scoring chance

1-0 Sunderland

It's a dubious call but Coloccini is an idiot, don't give the ref a decision to make. Elliot was always getting the ball.

The game needed that. Harsh decision but it should make it a better game. Sunderland have been bobbins all half.

Problem is he didn't need to touch him the keeper would have won the race, red card is ridiculous tho.

WOW is them the rules now?
We will be having 10 penalties a match if so.
Surely all the time defenders "shepherd" the ball out from now it will be a foul too.

Niall Quinns bias in the commentary is unbelievable tho.

Problem is he didn't need to touch him the keeper would have won the race, red card is ridiculous tho.

True but if he has been deemed to have fouled him, surely he's the last man so a red card is correct?

The rule isn't "last man" though, it's denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. Fletcher was never getting the ball so certainly shouldn't have been a red, even if we're saying it's a foul.

True but if he has been deemed to have fouled him, surely he's the last man so a red card is correct?

I thought a straight red in that situation was for preventing a "clear scoring chance" (unless of course, the foul was dangerous/reckless, which it wasn't it was just fucking daft). It wasn't a clear scoring chance

Which I really should know. In that case the ref is a twat. Booooo!

And SSN ticker on Saturday football still lists "Professional Foul Last Man" as the reason for a sending off. They should correct that. It has been annoying me all season.

How has Mitrovic not equalised?! Did so well to work himself a better opening and then wasted it.

The state of that defending from the corner for Sunderland's 2nd!!

The state of that defending from the corner for Sunderland's 2nd!!

Still better than the defending from Sunderland on Newcastle's last corner, managed to roll one into Wijnaldum's feet while he's standing in the box without anyone within 10 yards of him!

I still think both of these sides will finish in the bottom 3. Very little quality from either side.

Newcastle have got some quality players, they just look a bit of a mess collectively, they should be able to do enough with the likes of Janmaat, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez and Mitrovic but they need to start making that quality count before too long otherwise they'll leave themselves too much to do.

Villa and Bournemouth should do worse than Newcastle you would think. Norwich not looking great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back