• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the point of that stupid expensive arch at Wembley was so that you wouldn't have half the pitch in sunshine and half In shade? Can't even make out which team has the ball at some points.

I thought the arch was nothing more than architectural nonsense to waste some extra cash?

I thought the arch was nothing more than architectural nonsense to waste some extra cash?

Me too, a Ken Bates legacy from when he inexplicably had his mitts on the project.

I thought it was a moveable sun shade - maybe I just dreamt that as no one would build it for no reason surely...?

Even if it were solid, which it isn't, you wouldn't be creating much shade with something that size from that distance.

Even if it were solid, which it isn't, you wouldn't be creating much shade with something that size from that distance.

The higher it is the more shade it would make though?

The higher it is the more shade it would make though?

It'd need to be massively higher to make any sort of real difference, not really sure why you'd want the shade anyway? That's where the problems lie.

Good to see Giroud on now, Arsenal always a much better side with him in there, they need a focal point up top to make their midfield really tick, pacey option in behind like Walcott only really suits Ozil.

The roof was supposed to be fully retractable, then they realised the stadium was already miles over budget so abandoned it.

It'd need to be massively higher to make any sort of real difference, not really sure why you'd want the shade anyway? That's where the problems lie.

Good to see Giroud on now, Arsenal always a much better side with him in there, they need a focal point up top to make their midfield really tick, pacey option in behind like Walcott only really suits Ozil.

Mr burns had the right idea.

http://youtu.be/QmSYPYM6SOY

Arsenal just have too many quality midfielders. I'd like to see giroud up top with Walcott just behind him. Given that Coquelin has to play you then have cazorla, ozil, Ramsey, etc all in one position.

I thought that the purpose of the arch was to assist with supporting the permanent roof?

Mr burns had the right idea.

http://youtu.be/QmSYPYM6SOY

Arsenal just have too many quality midfielders. I'd like to see giroud up top with Walcott just behind him. Given that Coquelin has to play you then have cazorla, ozil, Ramsey, etc all in one position.

I'd just sell Ozil personally, all the others are fantastic playing into a forward's feet then running upto/beyond for the return, that's Arsenal at their best and causes all sorts of problems as they get through the lines and get opponents turned the wrong way. Ozil just doesn't do that enough for me, he always seems to be looking to put someone though and then see what they do with it, works if you have someone pacey getting behind but does little for a player like Giroud who does so much to compliment the rest of the midfield.

Think they were taken in by him being available without really looking at how he was going to work.

Tend to agree with that. He was phenomenal with Ronaldo breaking my from wide positions.

He's played well today. Thy won't be selling him, in form he's the best player and I fancy I'm to make the difference this year

Coquelin - Cazorla

Alexis - Özil - Ramsey

Giroud

That will be their first choice I think

I don't think they should or will sell him, but I do think he's better in the sort of system Mark suggests.

Reality check for Chelsea. Ramires shouldn't still be getting regular game time considering his blatant limitations. I'm really surprised they haven't strengthened in midfield.

He gives them an option to do things a bit differently sometimes but I think he needs to do more to adapt to playing off someone like Giroud, he needs to carry more goal threat himself getting beyond the forward rather than thinking he's there purely to create for others. He did get a few goals early on last season from what I remember so he's capable of it, it just doesn't really seem natural to him at the minute.

I think if they try to change things the other way, getting a pacey bloke up top to suit Ozil, then they risk taking too much away from the rest of the midfield and making themselves easier to play against in the process. It'd be far easier to just sit deep and nullify a through ball to Walcott than it is at the moment to try and restrict the space between the lines and stop them all linking up.

I think the Ox will fit in and battle with Ramsey/Cazorla/Wilshere. If they can sign someone with decent quality who will push Coquelin they will be so strong in that area. All they would need then is a forward, even though I rate Giroud

I don't think they should or will sell him, but I do think he's better in the sort of system Mark suggests.

Reality check for Chelsea. Ramires shouldn't still be getting regular game time considering his blatant limitations. I'm really surprised they haven't strengthened in midfield.

Ramires and Mikel have no business being in that squad, dire options.

I think, and it's probably just me, but having Walcott coming off the left side on his right foot could be very good.

Ozil at 10, Sanchez on right and Walcott on left with giroud holding it up and laying it off could be great.

I don't think there's a player in the world that saddens me quite like Keisuke Honda. Milan have wasted him so, so poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back