• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
United have had one shot on target in their last 3 away game first halves.It must be as much fun on the road with van gaals men than at home watching us.[/QUOTE]

Not sure that they are as bad as that - not far off, but not quite there

Does anyone know where their "Forever Blowing Bubbles " anthem originated?

Something to do with a player in the 1920's nicknamed Bubbles (off to Google I go)

Google Edit

The song is now better known in England as the club anthem of West Ham United, a London-based football club. It was adopted by West Ham's supporters in the late 1920s and is now one of the most recognisable club anthems in English football along with "You'll Never Walk Alone", "Blue Moon" , "Blue is the Colour" and "Blaydon Races".

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" was introduced to the club by former manager Charlie Paynter in the late twenties. A player, Billy J. "Bubbles" Murray who played for the local Park School had a resemblance to the boy in the "Bubbles" painting by Millais used in a Pears soap commercial of the time. Headmaster Cornelius Beal began singing the tune "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" with amended lyrics when Park players played well.[4]

Beal was a friend of Paynter, while Murray was a West Ham trialist and played football at schoolboy level with a number of West Ham players such as Jim Barrett. Through this contrivance of association the club's fans took it upon themselves to begin singing the popular music hall tune before home games, sometimes reinforced by the presence of a house band requested to play the refrain by Charlie Paynter.

Good play by Rashford and Mata in the build up.

Listening to the radio today, they were indicating that Martial was injured - surprised that he has scored then (unless of course that the press has a less than accurate grasp of what is actually happening)

More goals in this game I think at both ends. Hammers are good going forward but ropey at the back. Their defence was crap against Swansea recently.

He got injured in the warm up on Saturday and he was a doubt for tonight. Just LVG doing a KJ when saying who is fit

More goals in this game I think at both ends. Hammers are good going forward but ropey at the back. Their defence was crap against Swansea recently.

Midfield doesn't really offer much protection is the problem, Payet and Lanzini don't track back, Kouyate is big and strong but I think he's better going forward and Noble puts himself about but is hardly a defensive midfielder. Then Antonio is about as much a right back as Neill Collins was. So very open, good to watch but not going to keep many clean sheets.

This United team are a complete bunch of wetties. Spineless.

A far cry from the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, Neville, Evra, Keane, Scholes, Giggs etc that would intimidate the shit out of any opponent.

Nobody in this team wants to fight for it.

https://twitter.com/TheSunFootball/status/730125409312976905?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Could you imagine this happening with SAF still in charge? What the hell is Lingard doing?

City won't be liking this anymore

2-1 Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back