• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tradition is the ground is named the Boleyn Ground, it's just that at some point someone refered to it as Upton Park and that stuck.

Should be 2-0. Poor from Carroll in that 1 on 1

A bit of Sunday League defending from Blind. Lucky boy.

Antonio's dance when the goal has been disallowed!

Van Gaall is deluded if he thinks he'll still be manager next season.

Blind is garbage. First goal he should have been tighter as well. Bad miss by Carroll.

Sorry Alan, but it's tradition, and however many London bridges the Americans buy, you can never buy that.

It's built next door to the old house of Anne Boleyn, sort of a castlely thing really, well with such a saft name it's no wonder big Henry lopped her head off.

Funny thing about traditions; they always change.

Emenike isn't their player. Doubt any of those want to play in the Champ anyway.

Lanzini has bucked the trend for players who decide to waste years of their career living in the desert, generally it's a career killer as far as credibility goes!

Absolutely zero chance Emenike plays for Fener again. Probably right, though, they wouldn't want the Championship.

What exactly is Lanzini's story? He was in the UAE league or something?

Bobbled up and he's already in the motion of taking the shot.

The tradition is the ground is named the Boleyn Ground, it's just that at some point someone refered to it as Upton Park and that stuck.

Wasn't Upton Park the area of East London where West Ham United originated?

I expect Manchester United to improve as the match goes on. The Hammers could yet rue those missed chances.

I thought it was the stop on the underground. But I could be wrong on that.

Wasn't Upton Park the area of East London where West Ham United originated?

Yep, the area is Upton Park

This is the House on Green Street where the Castle on the Hammers Badge comes from. Boleyn Castle as it was known
4540623071_385x253.jpg

Seems Gold & Sullivan have made a big push this year to get the Media to call it the Boleyn Ground, so when as many people know what the ground is actually called.......before they pass it over to destroyed and turned into houses.

I thought it was the stop on the underground. But I could be wrong on that.

It seems the calling it Upton Park comes from people using the Tube Station (named after the area its in) to get to the ground

United have had one shot on target in their last 3 away game first halves.It must be as much fun on the road with van gaals men than at home watching us.

United have had one shot on target in their last 3 away game first halves.It must be as much fun on the road with van gaals men than at home watching us.

I think West Ham will pay for not finishing off Manchester United. They should be three up, but United are still in the game, and I do not think they will play as badly in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back