• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The save from Lallana was top class.

Yeah, that one was an excellent save.

Right team won given they should have been at least 3-0 up before Liverpool had a shot on target.

Poor Sky interviewer :icon_lol:

Toure shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the winning penalty though. Couple of really good saves by Caballero.

Thought Cab was absolute dogshit in the FA cup, though saved a pen then. Awesome performance there, and major kudos to Pellegrini.

So should Toure get a second yellow for taking his shirt off after his penalty?

As I understand it cards can be given after the match has ended. Can't name an example off the top of me head, but I'm sure people have been carded for indiscretions in the tunnel?

You can be sent off at half time and after the final whistle for various offences. I think a shirt removal on winning a cup would be so ridiculous it would make things a shameful embarrassment of a joke.

I agree, think it is a stupid rule anyway only brought in to appease sponsors. But FA and common sense..?

I found the order of the takers a bit weird from both teams. Milner has been taking Liverpool's penalties this season (he scored one on Thursday) but wasn't in the first four. Fernandinho and Navas up first for City ahead of Aguero and Yaya?

I suppose the theory is to have your best takers there for the potentially crucial ones at the end but that's no good if they never even get to take one. Ronaldo got done with that in Euro 2012 as I recall, hanging around for the glory penalty and Portugal fucked it up before his turn came around. Get them on the board I say, best takers go first.

Maybe I'm being harsh but as Sturridge is such an arrogant twat I bet he was holding himself back Ronaldo style. Now he looks stupid

General consensus in the pub is go big early, and put scoreboard pressure on the opposition. No point saving your best til last, if they don't get to take one.

You can be sent off at half time and after the final whistle for various offences. I think a shirt removal on winning a cup would be so ridiculous it would make things a shameful embarrassment of a joke.

Everyone knows that removing your shirt will result in a yellow card, so why do it.

Maybe I'm being harsh but as Sturridge is such an arrogant twat I bet he was holding himself back Ronaldo style. Now he looks stupid

I think Sturridge was dead on his feet, so probably would have only taken one if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back