• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alli's goal was incredible.

Such a talent. Fair play to Poch, he's got Spurs playing some good stuff whilst giving young English players an opportunity. They represent a great option now for young players with potential. I'm thinking Will Hughes.

He's even making Walker look reasonably good. Think they could do with another forward mind, Kane looked knackered.

Kovacic sent off for Madrid moments after Ronaldo denied a penalty! Opportunity for Neville to get his first league win. Great game this!

Kovacic sent off for Madrid moments after Ronaldo denied a penalty! Opportunity for Neville to get his first league win. Great game this!

Kovacic is the first Madrid player sent off with a straight red in Mestalla in a La Liga match since 1990 (Hugo Sánchez)

Just caught the end, Negredo made an absolute mess of the chance to win it.

Not live obviously, but the MNF 1966 special is reasonably interesting. Not least for the longest commentary I have ever seen from the Hugh Johns ITV broadcast of the game. Having seen and heard the BBC Wolstenholme stuff so many times, I think this is the first time I have heard so much of the alternative. The Carragher move analysis in the first half was less interesting*. Still a decent programme though.

*especially saying that Banks' save from Overath smacking it from the edge of the box was routine. That was a damn good save.

Carragher's analysis of the famous goal / not goal using sky goal line technology is seriously flawed as well. Using the 18 yard line colour footage from the day, the frame rate on that camera is slower than modern cameras, and there is no decisive frame that shows the ball as it hit the ground. Using the nearest frame to it, the ball is clearly way off spherical as the camera isn't a quick enough frame rate, and also the shadow isn't touching the ball. It is about six inches into the goal from the ball, as the sun was shining from the other end of the stadium. To then use sky goalline to show the ball in the same position and move the shadow to imply the ball is touching the ground is disingenuous.

At the end of the day, the goal will always be contentious. Sky technology will never provide the answer. It is like using modern technology on the Zapruder film to prove Oswald was or wasn't the lone gunman.

That goal will forever be disputed. I thought it was over the line, but having seen countless replays of it I cannot be certain. I suppose until the end of time every Englishman will say it was a goal, and every German will say the ball did not cross the line.

Regarding Gordon Banks, he did not go in for dramatics. He is probably the best goalkeeper I have ever seen. He made it look so easy.

The teams are in.

Liverpool Mignolet; Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno; Lucas, Can, Allen; Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino.

Stoke Butland; Johnson, Shawcross, Wollschied, Pieters; Whelan, Cameron; Shaqiri, Affelay, Arnautovic; Bojan

They've only got Benteke who's fit and he's fucking usless at the moment, may as well give Firmino a go there.

Firmino has been awful this season barring the City game too.

Could just be a move to protect Benteke so at least he can keep his own striker fit for the league.

Thought with corners at least a bit of the ball had to touch the white line at the corner, even if only just.

None of Liverpool's have, so presumably illegal

Thought with corners at least a bit of the ball had to touch the white line at the corner, even if only just.

None of Liverpool's have, so presumably illegal

It seems a regular occurance now. But teams only do it when the assistant is on the other side. Referees need to sharpen up and stop this.

It seems a regular occurance now. But teams only do it when the assistant is on the other side. Referees need to sharpen up and stop this.

Doesn't have to be touching now does it? You just have to have part of the ball hanging over the white line. It was mentioned a few months ago.

Doesn't have to be touching now does it? You just have to have part of the ball hanging over the white line. It was mentioned a few months ago.

Correct, but often the ball is not even hanging over the white line.

Coutinho off with a hamstring injury. I presume that will be him out for a few weeks.

In this case it was at least 6 ins away from the line, so nothing touching or hanging over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back