• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is awful defending but it's quality attacking play that kids should be watching. Always looking to get in between defenders with clever movement.
Apparently Lukaku spends a lot of time watching an re-watching his games, looking at his work, his runs, how effective things he did were, how he could have done things better.

Apparently Lukaku spends a lot of time watching an re-watching his games, looking at his work, his runs, how effective things he did were, how he could have done things better.
Is that not the norm?

Possibly should be. I mean he spends a significant proportion of his own time doing it. Over & above the majority of footballers.

(This came from a mate who worked at WBA whilst Lukaku was there - #ITKayI)

Strange, film study is hugely ingrained in sport culture over here so it never occurred to me that it might not be over there.

Is that not the norm?

No. Because football is so fluid it's hard to analyse film without a understanding of the game and all that is going on around them. Lukaku must have tremendous awareness of his technique and how to change/ adapt it. Most footballers rely on their ability being trained to be natural and so just use the phrase 'I just back myself to x'.

Lukaku is clearly better than this.

It also differs from American football where game film can be used to track players movement against planned routes/ moves/ blocks. This can't really be done in football.

Edit: other than set plays where there is a defined start point and end point.

Surely wingers could analyze the tendencies of opposing fullbacks and vice versa?

The coaching staff should be able to tell you that anyway. That's what scouts are for other than looking at potential new signings.

Or if you're Paul Ince, just ignore everything the scouts tell you because you know best.

Surely wingers could analyze the tendencies of opposing fullbacks and vice versa?

They bloody well should. But essentially Dan is right, it is a backward step for us in Englang but then football isn't played by the brightest candles on the cake, so telling them what to do at a young age is probably a better idea.

Watching the Wigan vs Gillingham game and at times the Gills have had 5/6 players in the penalty area. Would love to know the last time Wolves had this.

Watching the Wigan vs Gillingham game and at times the Gills have had 5/6 players in the penalty area. Would love to know the last time Wolves had this.

Depends which penalty area you are talking about!

1-0 Gillingham, decent finish from Samuel but great ball from Dack. We should really be looking to sign him, i'll be surprised if someone in the championship isn't trying to.

I've heard people talk about John Egan before, is he actually any good?

Dack should score there, great first touch but should have hit it rather go around Jaaskelainen. 2-0 now though as Donnelly heads home, awful defending.

Looking at Liverpool's team tonight, Benteke is well and truly on the naughty step, I've not heard of 5 of the 11. Ojo on bench

Looking at Liverpool's team tonight, Benteke is well and truly on the naughty step, I've not heard of 5 of the 11. Ojo on bench

Liverpool: Bogdan, Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith, Brannagan, Stewart, Teixeira, Kent, Sinclair, Benteke. Subs: Fulton, Lallana, Lucas, Ojo, Maguire, Chirivella, Masterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back