• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bully could make something out of anything, Goodman, Akinbiyi and Doyle were all channel runners so could work with fairly aimless service.

We've never worked with tall forwards that well historically. We see anyone taller than 6'1'' and think they're Niall fucking Quinn. Iwan Roberts was the one we wasted the most in that respect.

To a point, yeah. When he was scoring goals and we were playing well we played it into his chest and feet. Result - he looked good and was really productive for us. When results went a bit south we started lamping it a foot above his head. And he looked shit and scored 1 goal in his final 18 months here.

We never quite got Cort right (didn't help with Hod playing him where he did at points) although his record was ok.

Iversen was a quality footballer and we were just about getting there with him....then we binned him off. Good work Dave.

To a point, yeah. When he was scoring goals and we were playing well we played it into his chest and feet. Result - he looked good and was really productive for us. When results went a bit south we started lamping it a foot above his head. And he looked $#@! and scored 1 goal in his final 18 months here.

We never quite got Cort right (didn't help with Hod playing him where he did at points) although his record was ok.

Iversen was a quality footballer and we were just about getting there with him....then we binned him off. Good work Dave.

As I say round pegs , Holes and style. New has adopted a style and we have recruited to suit it and squad members appear to have bought into it. Mathematically speaking the right player's x the right system = the right outcome

Wasn't Iwelumo used as the foil to SEB/Keogh rather than the focal point himself?

He basically replaced Keogh and for a while thrived on what Jarvis/Kightly sent in from out wide.

Leo wins the PFA Player of the Month for October

Fucking great stuff, fully deserved. His goal against Villa alone should have won him that, the intelligence to stay onside, anticipation to follow up Jota’s run, the control of a very awkward ball and top quality finish from a ridiculous angle. I could watch that goal all day.

Second month of the season this award has gone to a Wolves player following Jota winning the August/September award.

Second month of the season this award has gone to a Wolves player following Jota winning the August/September award.

Who do we think for next month? Neves? Willy Boly? Or could Ruddy go a month without conceding a goal?

Surely Costa with a surge in form.

AS this is a PFA award, is it voted for by the players?

No it was voted for by fans.

I voted for Bonatini as he has definitely improved. I still wished he was more clinical but he scored 5 goals and has formed a lethal partnership with Jota, so I'm not complaining.

He is clinical! 10 goals in 16 games speaks volumes. It's exactly the same record as SEB had at the same stage in 2008/9 (in fact possibly slightly better pro rata as I don't think any of SEB's 16 games were off the bench, whereas Leo didn't start against Burton or Villa).

Missing chances does not = not clinical. Otherwise that makes Agüero and Kane not clinical.

He is clinical! 10 goals in 16 games speaks volumes. It's exactly the same record as SEB had at the same stage in 2008/9 (in fact possibly slightly better pro rata as I don't think any of SEB's 16 games were off the bench, whereas Leo didn't start against Burton or Villa).

Missing chances does not = not clinical. Otherwise that makes Agüero and Kane not clinical.

I didn't say Bonatini was 'not clinical', his goal tally proves that, I just wish he was 'more' clinical.

It's my opinion and I know it may be unpopular but I still think he misses too many easy chances. I also think that Aguero or Kane miss less chances percentage wise than Bonatini so they are both more clinical.

As I said I'm not complaining, I just hope he keeps improving

Back