• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Some bloke on talksport this morning suggested we wanted between £40-50m for him. But I suspect that’s nothing other than complete and utter guesswork.
Just seen that story posted on talkSPORT Twitter ‘package up to 50m.’ Not for me

'package' upwards of £50m would suggest player plus money.

Van de Beek / McTominay plus £20-30m?

Move them from what? They can't even be school age yet and their extended family are already in a different country.
From Little Portugal, of course.

I do think it has gone understated how valuable our little contingent of Portuguese players have likely become to each other.

'package' upwards of £50m would suggest player plus money.

Van de Beek / McTominay plus £20-30m?
Neves for those 2 and £30m would be the starting point.

In his posituon there's only Rice, Jorghino and Thiago that come close to him in the PL.

You could pair just about anybofyv else with him in the league and he'd make them look better.

Neves for those 2 and £30m would be the starting point.

In his posituon there's only Rice, Jorghino and Thiago that come close to him in the PL.

You could pair just about anybofyv else with him in the league and he'd make them look better.
You're bang on of course, if we want to "sell to buy" Neves shouldn't be leaving for less than £70-80m - it's what they spent on Maguire after all.

I'd peg my dislike of Edwards on par with yours of Doherty.

Is it literally down to Fluffy Dave kissing a few babies and been an all round good egg that you don't give him the same round of fucks as Doc years after the fact? I mean Nuno saw something he could work with, with Doc and dropped NotSo like a bad habit.

Don't get me wrong, Docs body language and attitude before Nuno came in was abhorrent, for a professional athlete he was in appalling shape, and we haven't even touched upon the DohertyMasterclass.gif yet! I just find it quite interesting despite sharing the same views on both players you've mellowed on Notso whereas I've mellowed on Doherty.
Edwards tried and got the best out of his very, very limited ability. If I were offered stupid contracts I'd keep signing them too. He was awful but he did as well as he could.

Doherty was shit and didn't try. In the Leon Clarke bucket.

Apparently the Doc rumors are part of a swap deal for Adama.

Lolz.
It would be a way for Spurs to spend less on buying Adama (see Jota/Hoever). Spurs will assume that they won't be able to get anyone to pay anything like the £15 they spent on Doherty, so may as well use him to save money on buying Adama. I just hope we're not stupid enough to fall for it.

I hope we inserted a ‘percentage profit from next sale’ clause into the sale.

Wouldn't be surprised if they sold Neves, even in this window if the deal was right. We aren't going down so there's not much risk involved for Fosun at the right price. We got a good deal for Jota at the time but when that happened we have shown we are open to offers for our players.

If we sell Ruben this month I don't think it will go over well with the players, staff, manager, and certainly not the fans.

It would be a disastrous decision, IMO, unless Ruben forces our hand in some way (which I just can't imagine him doing midseason).

If we sell Ruben this month I don't think it will go over well with the players, staff, manager, and certainly not the fans.
I think they have shown they don't really care about any of that. If it makes financial sense they will just do it.

You could argue that the fact Ruben is still here now is evidence that they care at least a little bit.

Tbf if someone waved 80m at us I do think Fosun would have a hard time saying no. I just think it would probably be a bad idea to do it in January.

Tbf if someone waved 80m at us I do think Fosun would have a hard time saying no. I just think it would probably be a bad idea to do it in January.
If someone bid 80m, he’ll be gone, regardless of the transfer window.

I can’t see him going in January, mind.

We probably place a higher value on him than Fosun do as businessmen/owners unfortunately

You could argue it's the best time. No danger of relegation and 6 months, rather than 6 weeks to decide how best to spend the money / find an excuse for not doing so. FWIW I can't see United spending that type of money without their manager situation being tied down

You could argue it's the best time. No danger of relegation and 6 months, rather than 6 weeks to decide how best to spend the money / find an excuse for not doing so. FWIW I can't see United spending that type of money without their manager situation being tied down
United or whoever need CL football too so will pay a premium.

Back