• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Sky sports has coutinho linked to 5 premier league clubs, but doesn’t name names.

Newcastle and Villa will be 2 of them, could we be one of the other 3?

You could argue it's the best time. No danger of relegation and 6 months, rather than 6 weeks to decide how best to spend the money / find an excuse for not doing so. FWIW I can't see United spending that type of money without their manager situation being tied down
Yeah potentially. I guess there isn’t many huge deals done in January.

If United come in with a bid which we accept then he’ll be off. No matter what mess they’re in, they are still Man Utd. Let’s just hope it doesn’t happen. Don’t fancy us having to replace our 2 main centre mids. Moutinho can’t go on forever

Sky sports has coutinho linked to 5 premier league clubs, but doesn’t name names.

Newcastle and Villa will be 2 of them, could we be one of the other 3?
I doubt it, he doesn't fit our player profile and doesn't fit into the way we play either

I doubt it, he doesn't fit our player profile and doesn't fit into the way we play either
Was thinking more a loan maybe. But don’t disagree with what you’ve said. Maybe allows a 3412 formation for example

Doesn't sound like we're going to be desperate to get anyone in.

Recalling loans and injury recoveries seem to be about the size of it

Neves won't be going anywhere this month. The only likely out is Traore if a club matches our valuation for him. And from what I've heard, he wants to go back to Spain.

He basically says "we know Bruno has been asking for more players, but how about not having them and shutting up"

It's also the second time this week that the club's 'economic status' has been mentioned as a constraint in the market. The fuck?

As long as they're not just bullshitting us again, I don't mind the patient approach to transfers.

Still, I know people will flip shit if we end up needing to start Dion or Ryan in a league game.

I'm sure less than a week ago when Bruno said he wanted another wide option, centre half, and forward he had Ryan Giles and Dion Sanderson in mind. Just need Cutrone for the Holy trinity. Is Austin Samuels getting a game?

“January is always difficult because clubs don’t want to let players go, especially with the uncertainty of the current circumstances. It’s difficult to get the targets you want, and as a football club, we won’t buy players for the sake of it to make up numbers”.
If you know that, why didn’t you & your team do more in the summer window when it was easier to do business?

Basically, they don’t want to say “Fosun aren’t willing to give us any more money to spend and our recruitment team aren’t capable of attracting top targets, so swallow this BS about Lage being happy with loanees returning and us giving kids a chance instead”.

I expected nothing more so can’t even say I’m surprised.

I'm sure less than a week ago when Bruno said he wanted another wide option, centre half, and forward he had Ryan Giles and Dion Sanderson in mind. Just need Cutrone for the Holy trinity. Is Austin Samuels getting a game?
I said I don't mind it, I said nothing of Bruno's feelings about it!

I'd still like us to bring someone in but equally I don't want us pulling a Newcastle and spunking ridiculous wages at someone like Kieran Trippier.

Fair to say that Fosun aren't getting the balance (or PR) right for most supporters, no doubt there.

Feels like matter of before we recall MGW. Not that it's a bad thing if we're going to play him

Sellers says there won't be a "host of new faces". Doc ain't exactly a new face is he, it could happen yet 😂😂

It’s amazing the spin from window to window. In the summer we wanted our players to go out on loan to improve and have first team football. Now a few months later we want them back to cover injuries, ACON + covid.

They constantly contradict themselves and think we’re too stupid to notice.

Read it whatever way you want.

1) we aren’t signing anyone
2) we might sign some players if the lads on loan aren’t good enough
3) we will sign people but it won’t be many and only if the deal is right

Back