• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Doherty won POTS in 2016.
As a left back 😃
He was with us for just under 10 years.
For the first 3 he was pretty much irrelevant- apart from Lycan who was the first passenger on the hate train
For the next 3 he was awful, overweight and on occasion uninterested
The next average at best - like many before it the POTS vote was a joke
For the final 3 seasons he was good, how good he was or wasn't depends on how far to the various extremes you want to play up or down those performances. For me he had a very specific role he did well. It was clear he wouldn't be able to do another for us or anyone else. From that team that finished 7th he was one of a couple of players who obviously needed to be upgraded if we were to kick on. I'm not going down the 2 wormholes of did we get the value and whether we did upgrade again.

I don't want him back.

As a left back 😃
For the first 3 he was pretty much irrelevant- apart from Lycan who was the first passenger on the hate train
For the final 3 seasons he was good, how good he was or wasn't depends on how far to the various extremes you want to play up or down those performances. For me he had a very specific role he did well. It was clear he wouldn't be able to do another for us or anyone else. From that team that finished 7th he was one of a couple of players who obviously needed to be upgraded if we were to kick on. I'm not going down the 2 wormholes of did we get the value and whether we did upgrade again.

I don't want him back.
Yep agree with all that, the vitriol is ridiculous though obviously, and I will always try to address that.

As a left back 😃

I don't want him back.
Pretty much this. A Simpleton agrees with you 😉

I think the rumour Mill just likes to chuck a Doherty to wolves rumour out there just to see Deutsch lose his shit . Just a mention to him of any of Doherty, Seyi and Rankine and he is guaranteed to come out swinging. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Doherty won POTS in 2016.

This was the confirmation that our fans really are thick. I was already well on the way to this decision having sat and heard the moronic comments from people who had no idea about the very thing they were watching.

This was the confirmation that our fans really are thick. I was already well on the way to this decision having sat and heard the moronic comments from people who had no idea about the very thing they were watching.
He had a great 3 months. Completely un- Doc like. Thats what won it for him.

He had a great 3 months. Completely un- Doc like. Thats what won it for him.
No he didn't. He scored a couple of goals, one was a banger tbf to him. He was still atrocious, as has been pointed out earlier we basically parked helan infront of him as a second left back he was that poor.

No he didn't. He scored a couple of goals, one was a banger tbf to him. He was still atrocious, as has been pointed out earlier we basically parked helan infront of him as a second left back he was that poor.
Just admit Doc is the best full back/wing back we’ve ever had so we can move on with our lives

There seems to be more & more noise online about Neves to Utd. Someone apparently ITK on the Utd side is saying it’s Mendes making moves to try and get Lage some money to buy new players with.

Would be absolutely gutted to see him go. Obviously Utd are still a massive club but they’re a mess on the pitch. Ruben could do better IMO (but I’d prefer it if he stayed here!)

I can't see him leaving personally, nor could I see United paying the kind of money we would want.

He's not going anywhere in January but he'll be sold in the summer if we fail to qualify for a European competition and United would be right up there in a list of possible clubs. We all know he'd go straight into their starting XI.

Not sure we'll need to sell him within the Prem if he keeps playing as he is. He could go to any of the biggest clubs in the world.

Something about Neves in a Real Madrid kit feels preordained.

I can't see him leaving personally, nor could I see United paying the kind of money we would want.
How much would the club want? I mean, I’d want north of 60m, but if a 45m bid came in would they club consider it?

Hoping it doesn’t happen Ofcourse

How much would the club want? I mean, I’d want north of 60m, but if a 45m bid came in would they club consider it?

Hoping it doesn’t happen Ofcourse
Some bloke on talksport this morning suggested we wanted between £40-50m for him. But I suspect that’s nothing other than complete and utter guesswork.

Not sure we'll need to sell him within the Prem if he keeps playing as he is. He could go to any of the biggest clubs in the world.

Something about Neves in a Real Madrid kit feels preordained.
He's a family man, might not want to move his kids.

He does warrant it, there are no words for how bad he was for five seasons in a row. No-one gets a free pass from that, he was dreadful.

I'd peg my dislike of Edwards on par with yours of Doherty.

Is it literally down to Fluffy Dave kissing a few babies and been an all round good egg that you don't give him the same round of fucks as Doc years after the fact? I mean Nuno saw something he could work with, with Doc and dropped NotSo like a bad habit.

Don't get me wrong, Docs body language and attitude before Nuno came in was abhorrent, for a professional athlete he was in appalling shape, and we haven't even touched upon the DohertyMasterclass.gif yet! I just find it quite interesting despite sharing the same views on both players you've mellowed on Notso whereas I've mellowed on Doherty.

Back