• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

He's been very good but I don't think there's a single game where I've walked away and thought "Sa kept us in it today".

I'm instinctively against these xG numbers as they don't tally up with what I've actually watched.

I would say that Sa was largely responsible for our points against Southampton. I don't think Rui shuffles across his goal fast enough to save Salisu's point blank header, for example.

That was a good save.

We're 10 goals up on xG though? I don't buy it.

In one of Tim's recent crap articles he was bigging up the saves from Mané (earned us nothing in the end anyway) and Pulisic. They were both nothing special.

export-2022-01-12T163607.873.png

export-2022-01-12T164527.512.png

He's been very good but I don't think there's a single game where I've walked away and thought "Sa kept us in it today".

I'm instinctively against these xG numbers as they don't tally up with what I've actually watched.
The save from Fernandes was a good one and that gave us the points.

Largely I think xG doesn''t work for us and isn't player specific enough.

A decent save I'd say but I'd be disappointed if he were beaten on that side. It wasn't in the corner either (also we should have been much more than 1-0 up at that point)

A decent save I'd say but I'd be disappointed if he were beaten on that side. It wasn't in the corner either (also we should have been much more than 1-0 up at that point)
That being said, Rui was conceding some of those goals last year but I agree in theory Sa hasn't been as spectacular as made out - however highly consistent, yes.

Odd stuff. Cave in to everything he/his agent wants on salary but fanny around with the fee for weeks on end.

All speculation I know but......

We'll go to a Macquarie Bank for finance on advanced income but let a Premier League rival take one of our players on a loan now, obligated to buy later finance deal? Surely those at the club in charge of these things aren't that stupid are they?

From the figures mentioned it doesn't seem that any loan premium, pay later is factored into it.

Odd stuff. Cave in to everything he/his agent wants on salary but fanny around with the fee for weeks on end.
Agreed, this whole pantomime being played out in the media doesn't make a lot of sense.

But Romano keeps saying it is happening, so presumably it still is.

A week left now, I can't see us selling Adama AND getting in a CM, I hope i'm wrong, but i don't trust their competence giving what happened at the end of the last window.

What Spurs are missing here is we really don't need to sell and we'll still get the same money in July, so I hope we aren't budging. And like has been pointed out repeated, we have the money for a CM if we are so inclined. They aren't mutually exclusive events.

And that, IMO, is illustrative of Jose Sa's value.
FWIW we have the biggest delta between expected points and actual points in the league.

From an xG perspective we should have conceded 8-10 goals more than we have.
Glad you basically agree. Good defence , weak attack not top six. Enjoy it while it lasts. If we have a great February then my perspective might change especially if a signing or two spices up the batch. But I am not going to die on any hill for it. I was one of the optimists at the start of the season with top 10 so I am happy enough. I just think that the board should have backed Bruno in the summer and could do with backing him a bit with players now. They wont in all likelihood as we know

And like has been pointed out repeated, we have the money for a CM if we are so inclined. They aren't mutually exclusive events.
Well we think/hope that is the case, but if we close the window having kept Adama but not having signed a midfielder, that view will clearly be wrong.

I want him gone probably more than anybody, but doing it now to no financial benefit is fucking mental tbh. If we get a genuine first team option in afterwards fair enough, but it just doesn't make much sense from a footballing perspective.

Obvious disclaimer in that there's absolutely no way we should *need* to drag £20m in in order to buy somebody

Spurs have apparently bid £40m+ for Luis Diaz from Porto.

I presume happy to pay that amount as he won't request 120k a week

Back