• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Glad you basically agree. Good defence , weak attack not top six. Enjoy it while it lasts. If we have a great February then my perspective might change especially if a signing or two spices up the batch. But I am not going to die on any hill for it. I was one of the optimists at the start of the season with top 10 so I am happy enough. I just think that the board should have backed Bruno in the summer and could do with backing him a bit with players now. They wont in all likelihood as we know
There's no evidence right now that our defensive record is a fluke in any way. We look slightly less organized with Toti in the side but he makes up for it by being quicker than Saiss.

I have seen nothing to suggest that what we're doing isn't sustainable.

Starting to like the pool of 5 or 6 players we get linked with every window and never sign.

He looked absolutely shite in the Euros. Slower than Milijas with Mark Rankine's boots.

He looked absolutely shite in the Euros. Slower than Milijas with Mark Rankine's boots.
He had one good game (or half) that I can remember...thats about it though, don't ask who against or anything like that

Not really.

And being better than Donck shouldn't be the bar we set, to be honest.

Palhinha and Puig on loan wouldn't be the worst window in the world.

I'd still like Sanches but just can't see it happening

He had one good game (or half) that I can remember...thats about it though, don't ask who against or anything like that
I saw him against Belgium and he was shocking. Miles out of his depth.

He came on against France and apparently was ok but I didn't see that game as I was watching Germany.

I saw him against Belgium and he was shocking. Miles out of his depth.

He came on against France and apparently was ok but I didn't see that game as I was watching Germany.
That will be the game then. All Wolves fans (bar those who like Germany) watched as, shock horror, we were close to signing him. He looked good (world class in the Twitterverse). End of scouting report.

Same as Kenny, I saw him have one decent half, started the next game and was shit....not significantly better than Donk from what I saw.....only 11/2 games tbf

I've only seen him a couple of times, paid attention as we'd been linked, and he's never looked anything above ordinary to me tbh.

Chatter about DVDB going to Palace on loan, I'd be all over that

Van de Beek is just a "name" to me. Again, way too slow and weak as piss. If he can't get in that war crime of a United midfield under two different managers then something is wrong.

Van de Beek is just a "name" to me. Again, way too slow and weak as piss. If he can't get in that war crime of a United midfield under two different managers then something is wrong.

There's is the obvious concern that he just won't cover ground, there's been rumours of that at United. He's got so much quality on the ball though

There's is the obvious concern that he just won't cover ground, there's been rumours of that at United. He's got so much quality on the ball though
I would never accuse you of sounding like Mark McGhee waxing lyrical about Steve Corica, I have too much respect for you for that.

But y'know.

There's no evidence right now that our defensive record is a fluke in any way. We look slightly less organized with Toti in the side but he makes up for it by being quicker than Saiss.

I have seen nothing to suggest that what we're doing isn't sustainable.
No I think that is right but we are working on very tight margins. Villa was a fluke and I cannot remember another time we have come from behind . It’s also something stupid like 42 games since we lost from a winning position so in all probability that will change soon as the bigger the number the more the likelihood of it . It’s great that we have scored more than once but we have conceded in both league games too .

Back