• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Duckens Nazon, I thought was a character in star Trek Deep Space 9. I swear he was related to Jem Hadar

Seriously, welcome to wolves Duckens. An unfortunate rhyme awaits you from the south bank methinks. Go and score 10 this season

I know he's on his last legs, but been trying to think of someone who could cover for Williamson if need be. The only advantage with Joleon is there would be little financial implication if he didn't play.

Defensive coach? Wouldnt hurt?

As has been discussed before, don't think we can sign him due to FIFA's rules on competitive games and only playing for two teams max in a season, U23 games count in their book and he played once for Villa in that format, four times for AEK.

Will probably also be an obstacle if we are trying to get Gladon to go away, he's played for Heracles this season as well as us.

Regarding Jo specifically he failed a medical at Rangers and given they see Clint Hill and Phil Senderos as suitable options then his fitness must be horrible.

Oh, didn't know any of that.

Duckens Nazon, I thought was a character in star Trek Deep Space 9. I swear he was related to Jem Hadar

Seriously, welcome to wolves Duckens. An unfortunate rhyme awaits you from the south bank methinks. Go and score 10 this season

The Jem'Hadar were a race not a person. And the Kazon were primarily in Star Trek Voyager but also a race. The two races are also not in any way related - the Jem'Hadar being genetically engineered.

Is it just me who wouldn't be too disheartened if we didn't sign anyone else in January? I think given time Dicko and Bod will return to something resembling half decent clinical strikers, and we're blooding an awful lot of youngsters at the moment. I'd sooner trim the squad down and take stock than spend silly money on a Championship clogger like Danny Ward.

I want us to sign a LB (as we still don't have a proper one) and I think the club are actively going down this road without saying too much about it. United are evidently pissed that we aren't using CBJ but he hasn't gone back...my suspicion is (and this is just my speculation based on what we all know, rather than any inside knowledge) that they don't actually have a recall clause, we need to agree to it if he goes back, and we won't let him go until we sign someone to play there or at very least properly challenge Mr Gloves. I know he's done alright going forward lately but we all know what he is and he isn't going to improve in the most important aspect of his job.

As for everywhere else, you'd struggle to find wingers that would come here and realistically get in our team, we have way too many CMs, all of the CHs are effectively on trial for the rest of the season, most pertinently Willo who needs to play enough to earn a new deal and Stears who needs to convince us that we should sign him permanently (I'm not sure either will happen, but we'll see). I'd like a striker but then try getting a decent deal for a serious player in that position in January, and we don't *need* one to stave off relegation or push for the top six, we aren't going anywhere.

In the long term there's a lot that needs looking at. I'm not sure that we can or will do much of it in the next fortnight or so. Plus we quite obviously have massively improved over the last month, so the urgency isn't there now that we thought would be.

I think he'll be loaned to a number of French clubs until his contract expires or we get a token payment in the last year like Doumbia. I feel sorry for him, he lost his place in the middle to help the side out on the left wing and never got it back. It's not his fault he's not a left winger, should never have been put there and we had better options.

I suppose he will get a fresh start in the summer and then be loaned back out to France.

Here's a strange one, I had a follow on Twitter by Christian Fuchs and looking at his profile he seems to have followed a load of Wolves accounts over the weekend. Do you think there is anything in it?

Might be something in it on loan - he certainly has followed loads of wolves accounts, unless he knows another player who is about to sign?

He has played 18 league games for Leicester this season. Not quite ever present but as good as. Can't see why they would be loaning him out

Sounds more likely he knows someone who is heading our way than he is doing so himself. If he was I would be absolutely delighted, mind you.

Back