• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I think that's the last we'll see of Prince. I'm just curious why we needed to offer him a 4 year contract.

Shame as I liked some of the bits I saw of him.

Nevermind, we do have a lot of CMs atm and many are young with improvement in them. Prince does not fall into that category.

Can we recall Prince? He needs games and as DW says Edwards is in the best form of his career so he isn't getting dropped. I would like to see a fully fit Prince in place of Edwards but it won't happen for now.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Recall options on loans only exist during windows now, so no.

Shame we couldn't get him a loan in England so he could get acclimatized to the way the game is played here.

I can't imagine a relegation battle at the bottom of Ligue 1 will help him much.

Shame we couldn't get him a loan in England so he could get acclimatized to the way the game is played here.

I can't imagine a relegation battle at the bottom of Ligue 1 will help him much.

Correct. He needed to play here to see if he's cut out to the whole setup. I never understand the logic by sending players back "home"

Correct. He needed to play here to see if he's cut out to the whole setup. I never understand the logic by sending players back "home"

He wanted to go home. It's pretty simple. Or should we have loaned him to League One and kept paying all of his wages?!

Oh well shame but sorry Prince it had to come to this........ You now share a shelf with Seyi Olofinjana and Tongo Doumbia.

Oh well shame but sorry Prince it had to come to this........ You now share a shelf with Seyi Olofinjana and Tongo Doumbia.

Yep, so long sorry it didn't work out blah blah blah. I am beginning to think Lambert has a point. We have done well with Cav and Costa but TeX Prince Silvio haven't worked out. Can we accept a 40% success rate? No.

Did he? Since when? I wasn't aware of him being "homesick". Or have I missed something?

You haven't missed anything, there's been nothing official to suggest that.

Longing for those halcyon summer days where we had a daily update from his smiley, selfy loving agent

Tom Carroll to Swansea, I would have pushed the boat out for him. He'll be in this division next season anyway

It appears as if the club is pleased with the central midfielders we already have, no need for the likes of Carroll.

Yeah we would never have signed another cm but he is better than all of them imo

Granted, I've not seen much of him, but what I have never made me think he'd be a real asset in a team.

It just shows what a car crash our recruitment policy was in the summer.
It's what happens when you do things with no time available, although we have come out of it with a couple of stars though so not all bad.

I'd say our only unqualified success is Costa on loan. Cav still has a lot to prove based on the money paid, Bod I like, but ultimately is a forward who lacks goals.

Without Fosun and Mendes it wouldn't have been a car crash. We'd have been a six year old on a bike getting hit by a transit.

Back