• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Andi Weimann? Doesn't play much for Derby.

Hopefully not Kozak, he reminds me of the Hoff.

Would be a strange one. More a number 10 (in the old fashioned sense) / winger. Not really want we need, but I did rate him at Villa, missed sitters from the outset for Derby and confidence shot since. Gets a manager that supports him then may get his mojo back.

Beginning to feel this should be re-named the lack of January transfers thread.

And that is worrying, obviously Lambert is happy with the squad he has. So we can look forward to this group of players (minus Costa) spearheading our promotion drive in August.

I agree. FOSUN have clearly told Lambert that he has no funds and that we must rely on the free transfers market from now on.

Oh, and play the youth, as all the money has gone into the academy.

Apparently we are still having to pay Morgan about £5m a month in installments, hence the lack of spending in January.

And that is worrying, obviously Lambert is happy with the squad he has. So we can look forward to this group of players (minus Costa) spearheading our promotion drive in August.

Suspect that Lambert isn't, but realises that getting any quality for realistic £'s is not happening in a Jan transfer window

We are not going up & unlikely to go down - so there is no need to go mad now

I agree. FOSUN have clearly told Lambert that he has no funds and that we must rely on the free transfers market from now on.

Oh, and play the youth, as all the money has gone into the academy.

Apparently we are still having to pay Morgan about £5m a month in installments, hence the lack of spending in January.

I have no idea what FOSUN have or have not told Lambert, but the lack of activity in the transfer market does concern me. If we intend to mount a serious promotion challenge next season we need to improve the current squad.

Yeah, but do it when you have four months to sort out an overhaul properly. Not when it's a four week window and we aren't going up even if we sign Dele Alli.

Or we could bring in players now, and they would have the rest of the season to be integrated into the squad. Alternatively we can do what we did last summer, and sign anyone and everyone. That did not work, so let's prepare now for next season.

We didn't have a whole summer to buy players last year though? We had 4-5 weeks from when the takeover went through. Hence the trolley dash.

We should be finishing this season on a high if we want to attract quality players in the summer for next seasons push for promotion, to do that ,we need couple of players now.!
Happy the way things are going under PL, but when the next bad result comes along(especially if the performance is bad as well) we don't want to reflect back to this transfer window and think we should have bought a defender, cm or forward , get at least one of those now(pref. defender)

Would the amount we spend this Jan have any impact on how much we could spend in the summer, FFP-wise?

Almost certainly not, but it would depend on how things were structured from an accounting point of view.

Welcome to Wolves Andreas Weimann. Played under lambert before, probably a loan with a view to buy.

Or we could bring in players now, and they would have the rest of the season to be integrated into the squad. Alternatively we can do what we did last summer, and sign anyone and everyone. That did not work, so let's prepare now for next season.

We are 10th in the form table, had three clean sheets in the last three games, improving week on week and still in the FA Cup. Clearly it was the manager that was the problem, which Fosun noticed and have now addressed.

I think your hatred of Fosun is clouding your judgement. I'm sure all of the above will be ignored and we will still be in a crisis next time you post. Can the old Frank please come back?

Wallace has gone back to Millwall on loan.

We are 10th in the form table, had three clean sheets in the last three games, improving week on week and still in the FA Cup. Clearly it was the manager that was the problem, which Fosun noticed and have now addressed.

I think your hatred of Fosun is clouding your judgement. I'm sure all of the above will be ignored and we will still be in a crisis next time you post. Can the old Frank please come back?

I agree that our form has certainly improved recently, and long may it continue. But I think if we wish to fight for promotion next season we need certain areas improving. That is all I was saying.

I do not hate anyone, hatred is not a word I would use. I am however underwhelmed by our owners.

I agree that our form has certainly improved recently, and long may it continue. But I think if we wish to fight for promotion next season we need certain areas improving. That is all I was saying.

I do not hate anyone, hatred is not a word I would use. I am however underwhelmed by our owners.

i think we need to give our owners more time look at villa they have spend over 50m on players and they are now a one man team and we are now only 3 points behind them. i think PL will make us a force next season and we will have more money for transfers come summer but buying ppl in jan then the season is almost dead is stupid cuz u end up paying more money for average players.

Our new owners were naive in the summer appointing a cocked manager and bring in benfica reserves and expecting it too all work and win the league by xmas well we all knew that wouldnt happen and i for one dont want to spend alot of money in the championship, spend as little as possible with loan deals and the odd one or two signing get ourselves out of this league and go for it in the PL.

Doing it that way tho takes time, but in PL we have a manager which may be boring and i cant understand in his interviews but he knows his stuff and in him i think we have a real chance next year.

Back