• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I agree that our form has certainly improved recently, and long may it continue. But I think if we wish to fight for promotion next season we need certain areas improving. That is all I was saying.

I do not hate anyone, hatred is not a word I would use. I am however underwhelmed by our owners.

What are you underwhelmed with? Did you expect instant success?

Of course we need to strengthen for next season and that will happen pre-season.

I really can't workout what there is to moan about so early into the takeover.

What are you underwhelmed with? Did you expect instant success?

Of course we need to strengthen for next season and that will happen pre-season.

I really can't workout what there is to moan about so early into the takeover.

Instant success, no. But I also did not expect us to be in a relegation fight, though we are now pulling away from the bottom three.

My only comment about strengthening was why not bring a few players in now, and they will have the rest of the season to adjust.

I am not moaning about the owners, just expressing my view that so far they have not done very much to improve the club.

Instant success, no. But I also did not expect us to be in a relegation fight, though we are now pulling away from the bottom three.

My only comment about strengthening was why not bring a few players in now, and they will have the rest of the season to adjust.

I am not moaning about the owners, just expressing my view that so far they have not done very much to improve the club.

We are no longer fighting relegation. The reason we were was clearly down to the manager, which has now been rectified.

We have just made a loan signing and still have 12 days left, although personally, I wouldn't bother signing anymore in this window.

We are in a far better position than when they took over. We were third favourites for relegation before they took over.

Many of us feel Fosun are still finding out the hard way which off field staff they can trust to take us forward. Until thats done its a struggle.

We are way better off now in every respect than we were in January 2016. Have a look at the verdict thread for Cardiff at home.

We need an in form goal scorer and I'd be happy with that this window.

Problem is in-form strikers are rarely available at this time of the year as they are generally being used by the club and they don't want to sell

We could of course look at L1 & L2 and get Leon back....

Sebastian Andersson or Christian Gytkjær from Scandinavian leagues , should be affordable on form players, dont know who decided Gladon was a good deal.

Exactly how much Tippeligaen football do you watch?

I think in January 2016 we'd have given our right arms to have Paul Lambert as manager and signing players like Weimann

Properly assessing his current squad - which means playing them - and deciding where we need to strengthen will make us stronger next season. Take Saville, he's already realised he's shocking on the left but he's done well centrally. I'd far rather we find out what the current players can do in a team that is organised and where everyone knows what is expected in any given role.

According to Mikey Burrows Lambert said there are still 1 or 2 positions he wants to get someone in but no problem if we can't because the summer will be the big one.

According to Mikey Burrows Lambert said there are still 1 or 2 positions he wants to get someone in but no problem if we can't because the summer will be the big one.

That's good and kind of goes along with the general thinking on here, no need to be silly this month, build a style of play and an understanding and make adjustments in the summer to go for a promotion push next season.

A few bits of info i received yesterday:

We like Jordan Hugill a lot but not sure this window will be the time to get him. Lambert is after a big physical but mobile no.9 which isn't surprising when you look at his past success with Morrison and Benteke.

We did approach Barnsley about Hourihane about a month ago but our league position has gone against us. Also the fact that Wednesday would pay him more and Villa will pay him even more than any other club outside of the top 7 in England would do. Serious money he'll be on.

I get that he would like a mobile number 9 but Hugill really isn't what we should be looking for. Took his goals well yesterday but he looked awful when we played them earlier in the season and i've not been impressed with the other 2 or 3 times i've seen him and he hadn't scored since early November until those 2 goals against Villa.

Good to hear we did approach for Hourihane and if Villa want to pay him ridiculous money then fair enough but i just hope that we realise in the summer that we are going to have to pay decent wages to get some of the players with the required ability.

Back