• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

There is decent wages and there is Tony Xia fucking "let's pay Henri fucking Lansbury forty grand a week" madness. We shouldn't be trying to compete with that sort of utter nonsense.

The sooner we get Ennis fit the better. I'd love to see what he can do. Better than another makeshift signing on big money.

The sooner we get Ennis fit the better. I'd love to see what he can do. Better than another makeshift signing on big money.

Agree with this - would much rather see what he can do than some castoff out of favour player from elsewhere in the Championship from a side who don't see us as any threat this season

Hourihane and Bree have just been followed by Tony Xia, looks like neither will be heading to Molineux anytime soon.

Hugill is a terrible footballer, he makes Grant Holt look talented. I have seen him a fair few times earlier in his career at Vale and it was a running joke at how bad he was compared to Tom Pope, that's right Tom fucking Pope. Hugill is criminally slow in the head with his feet and first touch not too far behind.

If this is the level Thelwell wants to operate at he can fuck the fuck off and take his fucking ferret face and shove it in somebody else's mediocrity. A man that is a true failure of a first team recruiter buying lg1 shite and trying to pass it on as quality and now a failure at sporting director showing a lack of ability and vision to get the job even remotely right for a promotion chasing side.

And he can take his algorithms, recruitment criteria and dossiers and shove them up his ferret faced arse.

In short, fuck off Kevin Thelwell you're fucking shit.

Or we do recruitment properly and buy better than what we have whilst developing the best yet to come. No point rushing through talent, let Ennis come to the team without pressure and show us what he's got in cameos.

In fairness Thelwell wanted Harry Maguire, just to give some balance to that foul-mouthed rant. He was also after Marshall in the summer before Fosun handed recruitment to Butti and Mendes. Hopefully he'll get his man this week but one other club have bid for him too.

Marshall is in the same bracket as league 1 and you prove my foul mouthed rant correct, thanks.

For every Maguire (whom anybody with eyes could see was a good player) you have Gladon, Holt, Sagbo, Saville, Wallace and Helan. Not one of those players at the time of signing or now ar/ were top half of the Championship let alone promotion challenging players. Not. One.

He also let go Sam Winnall so to me finding a recognised striker to be or one at the time seems to be a real rarity for him.

Last edited:
I should explain my ire for Thelwell for those who think I have an irrational hatred/ voodoo doll/ Ray Finkle thing going on.

I am very fortunate to have worked (if you can call it that) with and met some of the greatest scouts in football (imo) along with some right dross. I've seen good men lose their job for no reason, get looked over for promotion needlessly or just never quite at the right place at the right time. But the worst piece of HR in football is keeping the clearly inept on and worse still get promoted. Watching the talentless with crap ideas push them through with Chairmen and directors who should know better. And I include one of my ex-bosses in that too.

I know it happens in all walks of life and all types of company I just wish it didn't happen at the club I support.

I enjoy them too but they're ever so slightly one sided.

Are you sure he didn't invade Poland in 1939, Johnny?

If you look at their photo's side by side, squint and imagine KT in a uniform.......

Not very and no. See countless comments about him earlier in the thread

As has been said earlier, I'd be content with blooding the youngsters coming through, rather than nothing signings being made.
Lets allow Ronan, Enobahare, Gibbs-White and several others have an opportunity in this procession of dead rubbers. Then spend the summer looking at what we'll need, as well as who can make the step up.

As has been said earlier, I'd be content with blooding the youngsters coming through, rather than nothing signings being made.
Lets allow Ronan, Enobahare, Gibbs-White and several others have an opportunity in this procession of dead rubbers. Then spend the summer looking at what we'll need, as well as who can make the step up.

Pretty sure that is the thinking at Wolves unless they can get someone in this month without paying over the top for them ready for next season (If Lambert wants Marshall, no point in paying over 500k for a player we can get for £0 in 5 months time)

Lambert's comments about the summer window being the big one are key to me.

19 games to go. Hardly 'dead rubbers'.

I agree with the principle of playing our youngsters rather than getting 'nothing' players in, but we are not safe yet.

Lambert has scored under 10 goals in his last 100 odd appearances looking at Wiki and turns 35 next month.

He'd be Grant Holt all over again, a good striker once upon a time but a shell now.

Back