• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Yeah, I reckon "Football Scout" on YouTube with just under 2,500 subscribers holds the key to all transfers in Western Europe ;)

If I had to put money on it I reckon he'll play for us against Burton on 4th Feb.

Jesus. People need to stop fucking shitting themselves EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WINDOW.

Tbh I can buy the rumour we buy him now, then sell in the summer. Easy way to inject money into the club if we spend, say, £7m now, then receive more than double that in June in a deal already agreed-upon somewhere else in the Mendes network.

This is exactly what we should expect to happen with him involved in the club, after all. He giveth, but he also taketh away.

Tbh I can buy the rumour we buy him now, then sell in the summer. Easy way to inject money into the club if we spend, say, £7m now, then receive more than double that in June in a deal already agreed-upon somewhere else in the Mendes network.

This is exactly what we should expect to happen with him involved in the club, after all. He giveth, but he also taketh away.

Entirely plausible.

Put it this way, I won't be overly celebrating if we announce his permanent signing in the next seven days. As much as I love him.

Yeah, I reckon "Football Scout" on YouTube with just under 2,500 subscribers holds the key to all transfers in Western Europe ;)

If I had to put money on it I reckon he'll play for us against Burton on 4th Feb.
Hope you are right, what would interest me is if any of the other videos from the same guy are Mendes clients. Whilst he might not be key in this kind of thing it does seem ironic that within the space of 1 day a rumour that hes off and a highlights vid appears.

Jonathan Cafu
Dayotchanculle "Dayot" Upamecano
MOISES BARBOSA
Sander Berge
ANDREA BEGHETTO

Anyone know?

I wouldn't waste your time.

Helder might stay. Helder might go.

That youtuber is an irrelevance to it.

Someone should tell JOH that my blog on him got over 4k views. He'd be smack in line for a move to Chesterfield or Rochdale as a result ;)

Those kind of highlight videos are all over YouTube, it's really not a sign of anything. Easy footage, put some terrible music over the top, job done.

The Sun (!) Now reporting that we are about to sign Costa for £13million (yes, that's a 13 not 1.3).

They've just got that from that tweet. I fully expect him to leave in the summer regardless of whether we buy him now or not but we won't be out of pocket on it at least.

Read it was 13m euros, but whatever - worthwhile & we will still be likely to make money at the end of the season

He clearly has the ability to play at Premier level so I will just enjoy his play for whatever time he is here

Spiers tweeting that no other club can buy Costa in this window.

Take that highlight video!

Apparently it was confirmed at the fan's parliament that we have first refusal on Costa.

numerous sites now saying we are signing him permanently in the next few days, ahhh I love the transfer window more drama than when dirty Den came back from the dead.

Back