• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Not sure how the financial fair play thing works but maybe this deal is being done to give us a bit more scope in the summer - buy now for 13 million with a move on deal to a prem club already agreed for say 20 million, straight away that wipes out 7 million of 'debt' allowing us to spend more in the summer without implications of financial fair play. Either way I'm just enjoying watching him while he's here

Not sure how the financial fair play thing works but maybe this deal is being done to give us a bit more scope in the summer - buy now for 13 million with a move on deal to a prem club already agreed for say 20 million, straight away that wipes out 7 million of 'debt' allowing us to spend more in the summer without implications of financial fair play. Either way I'm just enjoying watching him while he's here

Quite possible.

Spending 13 mil to try to flip him for 20 mil in the summer ?

Why wait until summer ? If the demand is there now, take it. Removes the risk of injury, loss of form etc.

The curse of Wolves - spend the $13m and then he does his cruciate !

High stakes game, but if Fosun are prepared to cough up, great.

The curse of Wolves - spend the $13m and then he does his cruciate !

High stakes game, but if Fosun are prepared to cough up, great.

Shhhhh!!!

Seriously though, this seems like a win win situation. If he stays we've got an excellent player, if he goes we get a big chunk of cash (to hopefully not spend on dross!)

I guess we'll get the next winger off the mendes conveyor belt in the summer when Helder moves on

Rob Dorsett now tweeting about Costa's deal being made permanent.

I dont see the point, sign him now to fuck him off in the summer will see Wolverhampton under water for years..

I dont see the point, sign him now to fuck him off in the summer will see Wolverhampton under water for years..
I see the point if it nets us an extra few million as his value increases. Sounds like there's a prearranged fee - and he'll be worth more now than he was when it was agreed last summer.

Over to you, Mr Mendes.

No brainer, flip at a profit or give him a massive wedge to give us one more full season

No brainer, flip at a profit or give him a massive wedge to give us one more full season
Abso-bloody-exactly. Win-win IMO. Though obvs it'd be splendid to have him here for another season and then let him go if we don't go up.

Back