• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Well if he does we'll just add it to the growing case against Thelwell. The list of charges is already pretty hefty.

It's this type of fuckwittery that pisses me off. It's not like we haven't had the chance to agree this before is it.

Mendes players tend to go where Mendes tells them to go.

The state of that E & S 'article'. A paltry five sentences they've quickly bashed out as they've seen the rumours on social media.

However, I'll be chuffed if we sign him even if he is unlikely to be here next season.

Some bloke on Facebook (I know :facepalm: ) yesterday...
"See, I told you 4 weeks ago that Hull were after Costa...WE'RE GOING TO LOSE HIM FFS"

Today; "Why are we wasting £13m on Costa? We could buy 5 players for the squad with that kind of money!"

Yep, the same person wrote that :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Some bloke on Facebook (I know :facepalm: ) yesterday...
"See, I told you 4 weeks ago that Hull were after Cost...WE'RE GOING TO LOSE HIM FFS"

Today; "Why are we wasting £13m on Costa? We could buy 5 players for the squad with that kind of money!"

Yep, the same person wrote that :icon_lol:
In the current market, especially in January, €13m for Helder is robbing Benfica blind.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I disagree. It's £13m, not Euro which I think is a hell of a lot for a player with half a decent Championship season. I'm not saying I wouldn't pay it, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as a bargain

I disagree. It's £13m, not Euro which I think is a hell of a lot for a player with half a decent Championship season. I'm not saying I wouldn't pay it, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as a bargain
Didn't we sell Jarvis for a similar fee to Wet Spam? It is a lot of money but I think potentially he is a much better player than Jarvis. If we were in the Premier League spending that kind of money it wouldn't be so bad, for the Championship its a lot of money.

Didn't we sell Jarvis for a similar fee to Wet Spam? It is a lot of money but I think potentially he is a much better player than Jarvis. If we were in the Premier League spending that kind of money it wouldn't be so bad, for the Championship its a lot of money.

About £11m I think after 3 decent PL seasons and an England cap

He's done more in his career than have half a decent (quite a bit more than decent IMO) season. He made 25 appearances for AS Monaco last season despite missing half of it with a broken metatarsal, came through Benfica's academy alongside some absolutely amazing players and featured regularly for Portugal's youth teams, from U16 all the way up. Everton paid £11M for Ademola Lookman from League 1 a week or so ago (appreciate he's a few years younger). £13M is definitely a bargain in my eyes, if he continues his form we'll be able to ask for £20M+ in the summer. Easy.

About £11m I think after 3 decent PL seasons and an England cap
According to Wiki 7.5 million rising to 10.75, certainly not a bargain when you look at it that way but potentially he could be worth a hell of a lot more. Time will tell but I really think he could end up at a top 10 Premier League team mainly as he doesn't just rely on pace as Jarvis did.

Either way I will be very happy if he does sign, I have enjoyed every minute of watching him play.

Back