• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Is he going to be a better option in the long run than Coady or Doherty at RB, almost certainly yes, is he a better option on the right than Henry, Wallace, Mason or playing someone like Edwards or Bright out of position, I don't think there's even the need to add the "almost certainly" there.

He won't be a terribly exciting signing if it comes off but not one to lose one's shit over.
Indeed - sounds like someone who can help with a promotion push which is fine by me.

Indeed - sounds like someone who can help with a promotion push which is fine by me.

For £1.8m?

I think I'll pass and wait for him to be free at the end of the season as we aren't going up this season. Then you may have a point (I still don't think he's any good).

Less than we paid for Coady and not like we can't afford it. That's the market now. Nathan Byrne cost us £1m remember.

Pay £1.8m for him on a 3.5 year contract, he helps us to promotion playing a big part in it, sell him for double if we don't think he can cut it in the Premier League and spend the money on someone we think can cut it... Very simplistic view but as good as blowing £2m on Coady or £1m on Byrne

Less than we paid for Coady and not like we can't afford it. That's the market now. Nathan Byrne cost us £1m remember.

Oh yes I get that I just don't see the point in paying for a player who we don't need now and will be free in the summer. It's bizarre.

As for Coady and Byrne, neither of those represented any value and have been a waste of money as has Joe Mason. That's nearly a whole Cav. And only Cav would get a game out of those 4.

It's about quality and Wolves haven't bought any into the club via traditional sources for a while now.

Dont mind Ben Marshall he has got a footballing brain, something sadly lacking with most Wolves buys. More of a footballer than a runner so quite happy to have him.

On Molmix someone has added a tweet aboyt us signing Costa

Wolverhampton have exercised their €15m option to buy on Hélder Costa, on loan from Benfica. Deal could be made official today. [O Jogo] - Jan Hagen

Jan knows his stuff but not sure I trust O Jogo ???

Fingers crossed !!

Sounds like someone who is a solid player and can play both RB/RM. For around £2m that is about acceptable.

Doherty should never be played at RB again, Coady is solid but we need someone better at attacking playing there to help Costa out, and Iorfa needs some decent competition to kick him up the arse.

Teams that win promotion always seem to have a team largely made up of average to above average Championship standard players with 2 or 3 top performers and a big dollop of luck.

Reports suggest that Lambert wants Marshall as a RB, and an article in the Sun today suggesting that we have agreed a £1.85m fee.

If he is a good defender then we need him to help us avoid relegation, which I believe is still our priority at the moment. Probably why Lambert wants him now and doesn't want to wait until the summer.

I hope that Thelwell has made enquiries to Swansea for Stephen Kingsley for LB/CB now they have bought Martin Olsson.

As far as Marshall goes, I think Lambert has done enough so far for me to trust him on who he wants to bring in. He clearly has an idea of the team/personnel he wants to get us out of this league and he's done it before. Also Marshall may well be free in the summer, but there's no guarantee that he'd sign for us at that time

Reports suggest that Lambert wants Marshall as a RB, and an article in the Sun today suggesting that we have agreed a £1.85m fee.

If he is a good defender then we need him to help us avoid relegation, which I believe is still our priority at the moment. Probably why Lambert wants him now and doesn't want to wait until the summer.

I hope that Thelwell has made enquiries to Swansea for Stephen Kingsley for LB/CB now they have bought Martin Olsson.
Marshall is not a good defender, he plays right full back in the same way Doherty plays left, he will get forward and offer more support to Costa than Coady does, but he's not particularly good defensively.

I'm with Johnny, he wants to come to us to play for Lambert, he can do that in the Summer for free, I don't know why we are spending the best part of £2m now.

If we don't make a signing between now and Tuesday night we will not be relegated and an auxiliary full back come winger would not be the difference either way.

I was slated for saying Marshall would be a good signing and better than what we already have :)

He's got a good delivery on him which is something we lack from full back positions.

I'm content with it if it is confirmed.

If he's doing well at Blackburn that must be something. I hope we sign him as he gives up options and means we can give Costa a break occasionally.

I still want us to sign a CB though

Caddis released by Blues - dunno what happened there as he looked like a really good player.

Back