• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Caddis has a weird rep with Wolves fans, he played pretty well against us once in a dreadful Solbakken era game when we beat them 1-0 and all and sundry wanted us to sign him for about two years thereafter :icon_lol:

He's not a bad footballer per se but nothing special at all and as Alan says he has serious fitness issues.

Fair enough, my opinion was based pretty much on that one game. Not worth a punt by the sounds of it

If we don't make a signing between now and Tuesday night we will not be relegated and an auxiliary full back come winger would not be the difference either way.

I hope you're right, Tony, I really do. However, we need a few more points before I'd be convinced of that, and to my mind, anyone who improves the squad will be of benefit.

If we sign Marshall (hopefully we won't) it will just show the limited ambitions of the club.

I have no issues with signing Marshall, he's a decent player, and clearly fits with the way lambert wants to play. No way on Earth I'd pay £2 million for him though, with six months on his contract, that's crazy.

If we sign Marshall (hopefully we won't) it will just show the limited ambitions of the club.

Think you might be disappointed if your anticipating us bringing in many better/more expensive than him this month. Anyway at this level he's always been a decent player.

Think you might be disappointed if your anticipating us bringing in many better/more expensive than him this month. Anyway at this level he's always been a decent player.

Fair comment. I just thought our owners were aiming higher than mid table championship standard players.

Too many over-reacting for me. Steady player at this level, with the potential in a decent team to be a good one. We lack cover in wide areas anyway I feel, so as a right back or right midfielder with good delivery (which we also lack from deeper positions) he is a decent fit.

I am surprised we are forking out so much when we could have him for free in six months but then I guess we can afford that now and he gets the advantage of playing the extra months for us to bed in.

Not arsed about Tex, we aren't going to pick him, there isn't space for him now anyway and there's too much about his game that we simply can't carry.

He might go to Forest and do well for them, I doubt it though. Can't see him ever doing it consistently in this division unless he joins a top 3-4 team and they have enough about them elsewhere to just let him do his thing in the final third, not a luxury many teams can afford and he doesn't really have the profile to entice those kind of clubs anyway.

We aren't going anywhere in a hurry this season - signing players now will only be of assistance if it helps us convince the few quality players that we do have to stay into next year

Not arsed about Tex, we aren't going to pick him, there isn't space for him now anyway and there's too much about his game that we simply can't carry.

He might go to Forest and do well for them, I doubt it though. Can't see him ever doing it consistently in this division unless he joins a top 3-4 team and they have enough about them elsewhere to just let him do his thing in the final third, not a luxury many teams can afford and he doesn't really have the profile to entice those kind of clubs anyway.

I would had liked to have seen him given a decent run as a 10 - I think we've missed a trick here

I would had liked to have seen him given a decent run as a 10 - I think we've missed a trick here

Bright and Ronan are our players though...and both have shown enough in limited opportunities to suggest they've got plenty about them. I'd rather they be playing than a Portuguese lad who's about to turn 23*, we put loads of money into the Academy every year, it has to bear fruit and demonstrably show that there's a proper gateway to first team football here.

*That is the most Brexit thing you will ever hear me say, I do apologise.

Back