• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Ola John has had a press conference at Depor, nothing official from our side yet. Knowing us this season we probably wont even mention it.

I don't understand how communications with the fans have become so infrequent since the takeover. The social media side of things, except for squad news, has been basically unchanged - so I guess the PR team has just been told to not do as many transfer/injury updates?

Ola John has had a press conference at Depor, nothing official from our side yet. Knowing us this season we probably wont even mention it.

Ola John has joined Deportivo on loan from Benfica, done deal.

Confirmed on Depor's Twitter, no mention at all on ours.

Connor Hunte's had his contract terminated, says Spiers.

What's happened there? A year ago he was on the edge of the first team, wasn't he?

Nazon signing anytime now. 6 month contract to go into the u23 group for what will be a glorified trial.

Ola John's departure confirmed. Oddly he joins Deportivo on loan from us despite him only being on loan to us from Benfica.

I'm assuming he's on a season long loan to us with no recall clause then.

Gladon mk2 signs good god

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Where's the Ducken money gone?

Gladon mk2 signs good god

I know absolutely nothing about him. Sounds like more of an extended trial so why don't we give the guy a chance?

Up to him to earn a longer deal - if it doesn't work out its not like we've spaffed millions on a dud.

The twitter reaction is embarrassing and wholly desrespectful. Unless of course some people have closely followed his career, are up to speed with Haitian football/the Indian league, are aware of his attributes and haven't just scouted via Wikipedia?

I know absolutely nothing about him. Sounds like more of an extended trial so why don't we give the guy a chance?

Up to him to earn a longer deal - if it doesn't work out its not like we've spaffed millions on a dud.

The twitter reaction is embarrassing and wholly desrespectful. Unless of course some people have closely followed his career, are up to speed with Haitian football/the Indian league, are aware of his attributes and haven't just scouted via Wikipedia?
I will back him fully but he has scored 2 goals in a league of pub footballers.

I will back him fully but he has scored 2 goals in a league of pub footballers.

He's signed on a free transfer for an initial 6 months. If he turns out to be a dud, no harm done surely?

Can't see the issue here.

He's signed on a free transfer for an initial 6 months. If he turns out to be a dud, no harm done surely?

Can't see the issue here.
As long as we are actively looking for another I agree, my worry is this will be the only striker that signs this window. As a result my pants are getting wetter by the minute.

I think I might need some calpol.

As long as we are actively looking for another I agree, my worry is this will be the only striker that signs this window. As a result my pants are getting wetter by the minute.

I think I might need some calpol.

Why would a free transfer who's going straight to the U23s affect our transfer plans for the first team?

Why would a free transfer who's going straight to the U23s affect our transfer plans for the first team?
IT JUST DOES OK!!!!????

Every window is the same, we sign a young player identified and openly paraded as being for the U18/23's and Wolves fans go into meltdown that this in some way impacts on what we are looking to do with the first team squad. We may sign a new centre forward, we may not, but this has bugger all to do with it either way.

Back