• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Not really. Mason Mk II is about right. If we could bring him in and sell Mason for more then it might have some merit.

Bigger physical presence than Mason and been leading the line for Rotherham this season. I think Brighton and Ipswich have also bid for him. Huddersfield have around 40% sell on so the fee will be a bit higher than you'd expect if he decides to leave.

Whatever happened to Kieran Agard?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ipswich have bid for Hugill, hopefully they get him before we get tempted to have a look...

Pat Murphy is going to pretend to be all knowledgeable again isn't he? Despite the fact he actually knows less than Pete Colley. Which is a high bar of ignorance.

Pat Murphy is to sports journalism what Robert Mugabe is to democracy. The empty barrel makes the most noise

Whatever happened to Kieran Agard?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Currently playing for Franchise FC... 8 goals in 23 appearances in League One, FA Cup and EFL Cup

Ward has been OK this season in a very poor side, after years of being meh to crap. He scored against us at their place although I can't remember much else about how he played. He's never struck me as being quick which is the type of player we need to play in a 3 with Costa and Cav, more the Luke Varney type of player that Mick signs at Ipswich

Last edited:
HTFC fans on Twitter suggesting that Ward has a bit of a weight/fitness problem

The ultimate Thelwell signing. Lower level Championship muck.

Love it.

Rotherham have already turned down a £2m offer for Ward from elsewhere. So common sense says we'd have to offer around the £3m mark to even tempt them.

When will we learn?

Rotherham have already turned down a £2m offer for Ward from elsewhere. So common sense says we'd have to offer around the £3m mark to even tempt them.

When will we learn?

Saw the offer reported on Twitter as £1.5m plus a player. Knowing Thelwell it'll be £1.5m plus Cav

More than likely Wallace or Gladon if thats the case

The ultimate Thelwell signing. Lower level Championship muck.

Love it.

Bang on the money, Danny Ward has found his level at Rotherham and should be left well alone. Wolves should be looking for far better.

Anyone we sign will be better than what we have and go into the starting XI... :icon_rolleyes:

If we are signing him, it isn't all Thelwell is it. We are told that any signing can only happen if the Manager gives the thumbs up. If Lambert doesn't rate him or want him he will have to tell KT to fuck off and find better players

If we are signing him, it isn't all Thelwell is it. We are told that any signing can only happen if the Manager gives the thumbs up. If Lambert doesn't rate him or want him he will have to tell KT to fuck off and find better players

Thelwell just seems to be way too trusted by the rest of the management even though as each signing comes in he should be trusted less and less. Really odd situation, how can a head of recruitment continue to sign duds and still be in charge of recruitment!

It's okay - if he turns out to be good then we can just claim him as a Lambert signing.

Back