• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Under Morgan last January, when we definitely needed a striker as we'd sold the only proper one we had, when we were actively downsizing and the owner had no interest in anything we did beyond not getting relegated and impacting on the value of his asset, we bought Aaron Collins (for actual money) and that didn't stop us signing Joe Mason.

If Lambo wants a striker then I'm sure we'll do what we can to get him one.

Why would a free transfer who's going straight to the U23s affect our transfer plans for the first team?
22 seems a little old for a true development player bearing in mind the age of some of the lads being blooded. Making a bunch of assumptions, which I know I shouldn't I read it as a "just in case we can't get anyone let's hope this lad can cut it" and no striker will be signed for the first team.

I have only my pessimism that tells me this and it is based on no fact what so ever.

So at the end of January I hope to be fully ridiculed for panicking that this will be our only forward signed this window.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

22 seems a little old for a true development player bearing in mind the age of some of the lads being blooded. Making a bunch of assumptions, which I know I shouldn't I read it as a "just in case we can't get anyone let's hope this lad can cut it" and no striker will be signed for the first team.

I think whoever's scouted him obviously sees something in him (it's not borne out in his career record so far, but who knows). It's risk free, if he's no good then he buggers off in four months, if he's a hidden gem then happy days. I don't think there's the level of desperation that you suggest because we'd just throw Collins/Reid/Wilson in if we were really clutching at straws that much. And Ennis will be back soon.

We might not get a striker, we aren't going to spend silly money now because there's no point. I don't think this is really related to that though.

I think whoever's scouted him obviously sees something in him (it's not borne out in his career record so far, but who knows). It's risk free, if he's no good then he buggers off in four months, if he's a hidden gem then happy days. I don't think there's the level of desperation that you suggest because we'd just throw Collins/Reid/Wilson in if we were really clutching at straws that much. And Ennis will be back soon.

We might not get a striker, we aren't going to spend silly money now because there's no point. I don't think this is really related to that though.
Tried to post a link but internet playing up there is a skills bid on YouTube and he looks OK in fairness.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Please excuse my Mol Mix style meltdown lol

I do love certain logics sometimes. I remember a bit back, during...was it the Fans Parliament? Anyways, Lambert himself spoke about how he'd have final say in transfers and that if he didn't have control he would leave, or something along those lines.

Today - "who the fuck is this guy? Must be a Thelwell signing. Fuck you Thelwell"

I mean...come on? I'm not wrong about what Lambert said, am I? Ducken isn't even first team at the moment

Tried to post a link but internet playing up there is a skills bid on YouTube and he looks OK in fairness.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Please excuse my Mol Mix style meltdown lol

Let's hope he's an honest player.

Otherwise he'll be Ducken and diving...

I do love certain logics sometimes. I remember a bit back, during...was it the Fans Parliament? Anyways, Lambert himself spoke about how he'd have final say in transfers and that if he didn't have control he would leave, or something along those lines.

Today - "who the $#@! is this guy? Must be a Thelwell signing. $#@! you Thelwell"

I mean...come on? I'm not wrong about what Lambert said, am I? Ducken isn't even first team at the moment

Lambert probably meant the first team transfers, so logically he wouldn't be bothered with this, would he?

Lambert probably meant the first team transfers, so logically he wouldn't be bothered with this, would he?

Most likely yeah (I didn't see a quote from him in the Wolves article) but then that circles back round to the assumption this is instead of a first team player, also a transfer-seasonal thing!

So from main site it's a Thelwell signing but as already said more of an extended trial. Let's hope he comes good, I still hope we are in the market for a striker.

I know absolutely nothing about him. Sounds like more of an extended trial so why don't we give the guy a chance?

Up to him to earn a longer deal - if it doesn't work out its not like we've spaffed millions on a dud.

The twitter reaction is embarrassing and wholly desrespectful. Unless of course some people have closely followed his career, are up to speed with Haitian football/the Indian league, are aware of his attributes and haven't just scouted via Wikipedia?

No doubt Danks has seen him play 20 times and knows all about him.

It's a shame that the club (IMV) should stop announcing the signings of younger players because of the meltdowns associated with them. Then of course they'd kick off the club don't keep them informed. Fuck me I hate our supporters sometimes.

It's a shame that the club (IMV) should stop announcing the signings of younger players because of the meltdowns associated with them. Then of course they'd kick off the club don't keep them informed. $#@! me I hate our supporters sometimes.

I agree with your first sentence. It is not a fanfare to sign youth players at all, ever, it put unnecessary pressure on the youngsters and sets the club up for failure as only 8% of youth team players ever make it.

Of course signing first team players no matter how old they are is a good thing.

Would anybody consider Lescott a worthwhile addition to the squad? Free agent. Experienced. Can't see what harm it would do.

Would anybody consider Lescott a worthwhile addition to the squad? Free agent. Experienced. Can't see what harm it would do.

Heavily heavily crocked unfortunately. The reason his Athens contract was ripped up after a few months was due to his knee's (not gangsta related though)

As has been discussed before, don't think we can sign him due to FIFA's rules on competitive games and only playing for two teams max in a season, U23 games count in their book and he played once for Villa in that format, four times for AEK.

Will probably also be an obstacle if we are trying to get Gladon to go away, he's played for Heracles this season as well as us.

Regarding Jo specifically he failed a medical at Rangers and given they see Clint Hill and Phil Senderos as suitable options then his fitness must be horrible.

I know he's on his last legs, but been trying to think of someone who could cover for Williamson if need be. The only advantage with Joleon is there would be little financial implication if he didn't play.

Back