• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I've heard, and source is pretty good that there will be a lot of outgoings (mainly loan) and 5 to 6 'class' players coming in. Obviously, all a bit speculative, but exciting all the same.

That would delight me and show intent. It would also show fosun learning fast.

I've heard, and source is pretty good that there will be a lot of outgoings (mainly loan) and 5 to 6 'class' players coming in. Obviously, all a bit speculative, but exciting all the same.

That would be ace! Where did you hear that?

If this turns out to be correct then it will be a statement of intent by Fosun

Just depends which 'class' we are selecting them from & who is doing the picking.

On Jordan Graham...was it Lambert that called time on his Villa career?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Even if Lambert was still the manager at Villa when we acquired Graham (which I think he was), IIRC Graham was not part of their senior squad at that point so I don't believe Lambert would have had the final say on it?

Heard that a week ago from a mate but ignored it. Maybe it's got legs.

McCormick to us, Iorfa the other way? :whistle:

Wouldn't want him. He doesn't suit any formation, needs to be given a completely free role often coming in from the wing and although he scores goals every season his teams still always finish mid table for the above reasons. Plus we'll end up paying multi millions for a 30 year old with this season already dead.

Unless we can get McCormack 'cut price' then really not sure he will be worth it.

Even without any real help from our strikers then our scoring rate is mid table (which is probably where the squad is at the moment) - problem has been leaking stuff at the back which needs more immediate attention.

Wouldn't want a load of cash going out on him

A striker that can actually score would be a blessing.

Dicko and Bod have their issues but I think it's harsh to put their lack of scoring entirely on them. Our central midfield is dreadful in terms of attacking service.

Dicko and Bod have their issues but I think it's harsh to put their lack of scoring entirely on them. Our central midfield is dreadful in terms of attacking service.
This, we have ZERO creativity in our side even Afobe stopped scoring in our side from lack of service. We do need a striker but we must address the woeful lack of craft from midfield.

This, we have ZERO creativity in our side even Afobe stopped scoring in our side from lack of service. We do need a striker but we must address the woeful lack of craft from midfield.

I think Lambert is, slowly. Removing Saville and Coady from there is a help

He really is trying to put a dampener on expectations. The sooner he is gone the better.

Just caught up with this thread. Regards Penk's post, I can't see how we're going to be able to attract anything near "class" players while languishing around in the lower regions of the Championship. Maybe I'll be surprised, but I wouldn't put the likes of Ben Marshall or Ross McCormack under the "class" bracket anyway.

I think we'll be disappointed.

Regards Costa, again - not surprising. I get the impression Benfica would be prepared to let him go, and we'd be prepared to buy him - but the player himself doesn't want to switch permanently to a team in the second level of English football. It's totally understandable - he'd breeze in to at least 6 current Premier League teams starting 11's right now.

To be honest, the news re; Costa is not surprising. You only need to look at his body language on the pitch to realise he's on a totally different level to the rest of our players and is clearly regularly fucked off that he's playing with the likes of Coady, Saville etc.

Back