• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I really hope that we adopt a quality over quantity approach this window, I would much rather 3 that are much better than what we have rather than 4-5 that are marginally better than what we have. CB,LB & ST the main priority although if we could get a decent creative midfielder that would be great.

I'd try to fix 2 positions, maybe 3 at most. This window should hopefully be more about addition by subtraction. Hopefully there are suitors but nothing I've seen from the ones we want rid of could be indicative of that.

As a promotion by any means is very unlikely this season then would not want to see us going beserk in this window, but just making sure that whoever we bring in is a real step up from those they are replacing & that we offload 2 or 3 that really have no place in being in a promotion quality squad.

Lambert gets a few months then to hone them ready for next year

You think too many would be disruptive, but also want to bring in 2 full backs and 2 centre backs?

No, I said these were positions we should strengthen before worrying about wingers or wide forwards.

no, we need some more league 1 standard central midfielders in my opinion.

I am glad Stears is staying I know not everyone is a fan of his but that pairing - Stears & Batth is about the best we have at the moment. Sounds very much like CBJ is going and Wallace, which I dont think anyone will argue with. I dont know too much about Marshall but if he improves us im all for it.

I am glad Stears is staying I know not everyone is a fan of his but that pairing - Stears & Batth is about the best we have at the moment. Sounds very much like CBJ is going and Wallace, which I dont think anyone will argue with. I dont know too much about Marshall but if he improves us im all for it.

If Doherty's to be considered a left-back now (and I think he should, he's still appalling at RB but has proven not-useless at LB), and with Silvio crocked, we do need both a new LB and RB in the window. Unless Hause is the one who'll be fighting over LB with Doherty, and we still get a new CB...

I've heard good things about Ben Marshall.

I did find Lamberts comments amusing, he knows him from previous clubs, thinks he's a good lad whose contract is up the summer - but he doesn't like talking about how we're going to make a bid in January so Blackburn get some money for him instead of letting him go for nothing in the summer

I've heard, and source is pretty good that there will be a lot of outgoings (mainly loan) and 5 to 6 'class' players coming in. Obviously, all a bit speculative, but exciting all the same.

I've heard, and source is pretty good that there will be a lot of outgoings (mainly loan) and 5 to 6 'class' players coming in. Obviously, all a bit speculative, but exciting all the same.

I'd be delighted with even 1 or 2 top quality signings

In January I'd be delighted with a left back, centre half and striker who are good enough to go straight into the team. Then in the summer another 3 or 4 quality additions to go straight into the team, ideally a GK, RB, CM plus AN OTHER. Depending on how Graham and Zyro are after their injuries we may need another winger too.

Don't think this is too much to ask at all and should be very achievable with our resources.

On Jordan Graham...was it Lambert that called time on his Villa career?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

We'll be lucky to get Myleene Klass...

Back