• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Or he is just making noise to discourage selling teams from inflating fees.

Yeah maybe that as well but we still aren't going to be spending the £50 million that those 2 sides have.

Even if we did choose to bid for the same players they wouldn't come. Bristol City last year was a good example of a team looking to throw money around and nobody being interested

Well not if you have the opportunity to go to one of those sides. We still have a chance to attract decent players though.

We are a completely different kettle of fish to Bristol bloody City.
Not in this window we aren't. We are a team towards the bottom of the league. Nobody will come to us if they have an option at any of those clubs mentioned

I didn't disagree with that. We cant compete with Newcastle.

We are a MILES bigger draw than the fucking Wurzels though

First signing will be important as it might encourage the others to come noone wants to join a sinking ship. I don't think for a moment we won't spend Fosun won't give in that easily no chance.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah maybe that as well but we still aren't going to be spending the £50 million that those 2 sides have.

Well not if you have the opportunity to go to one of those sides. We still have a chance to attract decent players though.
Agreed, but we are offering more chance of league one next year than the PL, that seriously limits your options

A bit of speculation from everyone's favourite local journalist:

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago
Borthwick-Jackson and Wallace left out of the squad again. Expecting both to leave in January.

Hardly Watergate is it!

CBJ is clearly going back to United and Wallace has been miles out of the picture really.

Jeez Frank, cheer up. It's Christmas, have a beer and a mince pie.

Genuinely think being relegated to League One broke Frank. He's not been the same ever since: now he's more a realist rather than bullishly believing everything will be fine.*

* Just to point out, this comment is regarding Wolves and not anything in, say, General Chatter

I have not got a great deal to feel happy about at the moment.

And having survived the dark days when we plummeted through the divisions and lost to Chorley, a little matter of relegation would not break me. Other things have though.

I have not got a great deal to feel happy about at the moment.

And having survived the dark days when we plummeted through the divisions and lost to Chorley, a little matter of relegation would not break me. Other things have though.

No reason for us to go down - we have more than enough to get away from the bottom of the division (though probably not enough to challenge at the top)

As long as we press/attack then we will get enough points to avoid real danger. Whether we can move on from here will be seen after that Jan window closes

Really hope we try and sign some worthwhile players who should on paper at least improve the first 11, realy no excuse for ending up with another load of Sagbo type signings

Yeah Sako won't come back here but id love it if he did, without wanting to sound too football managery 'it would be a massive lift to everyone at the club'

A couple of months ago I'd have said we don't need him. But, if we're sending back Ola John and selling Wallace, then we have a bit of a wide player issue again in that we don't have anyone as proper backup for Costa on the right (at least, until Zyro comes back next season). You could get Sako in to compete on the left with Graham, then Cavaleiro's freed up to be our main number 10, or to play on the right in cases where Costa's injured or needs a rest.

Costa - Cavaleiro - Sako
Dicko/New Striker​

...that's a pretty phenomenal front four for this division.

It will be a loan surely. So wages aren't an issue.

Back