• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Turned on the car radio traveling home last night with Lambert giving a short interview. He said Wolves couldn't compete with Villa, Newcastle and Norwich in the transfer market because of their parachute payments but was hopefull of doing two or three deals for players who could go straight into the team and was targeting players with previous Championship experience.

Oh. Well that's the fosun billionaire bankroll theory scotched pre January to manage expectations accordingly. So 3 30 something's who currently can't get a game for their current championship clubs but who are British and can go straight into the side are our shopping list. Call me underwhelmed

Or possibly it is a case of not giving our fat wallet away.

Who knows. Personally I have found the whole season a complete disappointment. A little good news wouldn't go astray.

Lets not forget we've spent like £15M already this season with nothing coming in... We can't go throwing that kind of money around again while we're where we are in the league.

Lets not forget we've spent like £15M already this season with nothing coming in... We can't go throwing that kind of money around again while we're where we are in the league.

You come here and post all sensibly. You ruin it for those of us,who want to wallow in depression and general miserableness. I believe the only way we will spend really big (by Championship levels) is by a sale or sales first. Not suggesting there will be no money just a reasonable amount.

You come here and post all sensibly. You ruin it for those of us,who want to wallow in depression and general miserableness. I believe the only way we will spend really big (by Championship levels) is by a sale or sales first. Not suggesting there will be no money just a reasonable amount.

Batth and Edwards would bring in £6m. Someone would stump up £1m for Coady

I hope we do sell a few but not to recoup funds, Lambert isn't wrong when he says the squad is too big. Just hope it's the likes of Saville, Wallace and Coady who make way and not Teixeira etc.

Oh. Well that's the fosun billionaire bankroll theory scotched pre January to manage expectations accordingly. So 3 30 something's who currently can't get a game for their current championship clubs but who are British and can go straight into the side are our shopping list. Call me underwhelmed

Or maybe FOSUN have decided they want out, so will not give the manager any money. Either way, they came in with all these big promises and we are in a worse state than when Morgan and Moxey ran the show.

I can't shake the feeling that we're heading in two directions at the moment. Thelwell and Lambert having ideas about who they want and Mendes and Jeff having ideas who they want to bring in. Until we're aligned throughout the club it's going to be hard to make progress.

I've got 0 evidence for this though, it's just a feeling I have

I can't shake the feeling that we're heading in two directions at the moment. Thelwell and Lambert having ideas about who they want and Mendes and Jeff having ideas who they want to bring in. Until we're aligned throughout the club it's going to be hard to make progress.

I've got 0 evidence for this though, it's just a feeling I have

If the case then Thelwell will be gone if he proves hes inflexible. He works to Shi's brief not the other way round

Or maybe FOSUN have decided they want out, so will not give the manager any money. Either way, they came in with all these big promises and we are in a worse state than when Morgan and Moxey ran the show.

These damn forinners buying our football clubs, stealing our wimmen and then leaving us high and dry....

Really? You think it's worse now than when Saunders relegated us?

Jeez Frank, cheer up. It's Christmas, have a beer and a mince pie.

Have I missed something in the last couple of days ? Have they said no spending unless we sell first ? In which case, we foooked !

Jeez Frank, cheer up. It's Christmas, have a beer and a mince pie.

Genuinely think being relegated to League One broke Frank. He's not been the same ever since: now he's more a realist rather than bullishly believing everything will be fine.*

* Just to point out, this comment is regarding Wolves and not anything in, say, General Chatter

Clearly, four months is ample opportunity to assess the effectiveness of the new regime.

Chinese mafia out..

Have I missed something in the last couple of days ? Have they said no spending unless we sell first ? In which case, we foooked !

No, Lambert just said we can't match what Villa, Norwich and Newcastle can because of their parachute payments. It's quite clear we can buy but we aren't going to be spending the amounts of money Newcastle and Villa have this season. On a more serious note i don't trust Thelwell and Lambert right now to get the right players in.

No, Lambert just said we can't match what Villa, Norwich and Newcastle can because of their parachute payments. It's quite clear we can buy but we aren't going to be spending the amounts of money Newcastle and Villa have this season. On a more serious note i don't trust Thelwell and Lambert right now to get the right players in.
Or he is just making noise to discourage selling teams from inflating fees.

Even if we did choose to bid for the same players they wouldn't come. Bristol City last year was a good example of a team looking to throw money around and nobody being interested

Back