• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Not sure about this:

Graham ‏@graham_large 53m53 minutes ago
Apparently Wolves, or more specifically Fosun, have held talks with Robbie Keane over a possible return in a player-coach role. #wwfc

Oh dear, isn't it about time we approached this season with a little seriousness, the bloke can't run anymore.

He might be ok coaching,and be able to show our strikers where the net is,probably with a big arrow saying kick ball into here!

Not going to lie, I would love that. Nailed on the score the winner vs Villa.

He might be ok coaching,and be able to show our strikers where the net is,probably with a big arrow saying kick ball into here!

The way our strikers are performing, he would probably get a game.

I'd have him here. Ignore the fact he used to play for us. He's better than what we have got.

Pa Konate from Malmo apparently (according to crap rumour sites). 22 year old LB capped twice by Sweden. Any of the Scandinavian lot on here know anything about him?

Pa Konate from Malmo apparently (according to crap rumour sites). 22 year old LB capped twice by Sweden. Any of the Scandinavian lot on here know anything about him?

Know nothing about him though using Wiki shows him as having a couple of Swedish full caps.

If he is actually a LB who can defend it will be something we haven't had for some time

Know nothing about him though using Wiki shows him as having a couple of Swedish full caps.

If he is actually a LB who can defend it will be something we haven't had for some time
But does he know the Championship though....

Doubt it, but then some of ours who have played in it for a number of years don't either - so not overly relevant
Couldn't agree more I only hope Lambert shares that view.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Not nearly my first choice but he's still better than our current options.

he is fast and pretty good control and quite good technically...a bit on the weak side maybe, not tall, im on the fence..could go either way

he is fast and pretty good control and quite good technically...a bit on the weak side maybe, not tall, im on the fence..could go either way

Simple way to decide what side of the fence to jump on....A Yes or No - Is he better than the Defenders* we currently have?

*Apparently that is what they are

Simple way to decide what side of the fence to jump on....A Yes or No - Is he better than the Defenders* we currently have?

*Apparently that is what they are

havent seen enough of Silvio obviously, better defending than Doherty so an upgrade on him, but I dont know if he can deliver consistently straight away given his age and such..

Hugely impressed by Huddersfield last night: ball playing central defenders, driving midfield players, strong, pacey forwards. How come their recruitment is so good and ours is so crap? And if Thelwell doesn't have Kachunga and Palmer on his list I'll be very annoyed

How come their punt on a foreign manager works and ours doesn't?

Perhaps because theirs hadn't been sacked on numerous occasions previously and already shown himself to be poor?

Turned on the car radio traveling home last night with Lambert giving a short interview. He said Wolves couldn't compete with Villa, Newcastle and Norwich in the transfer market because of their parachute payments but was hopefull of doing two or three deals for players who could go straight into the team and was targeting players with previous Championship experience.

Turned on the car radio traveling home last night with Lambert giving a short interview. He said Wolves couldn't compete with Villa, Newcastle and Norwich in the transfer market because of their parachute payments but was hopefull of doing two or three deals for players who could go straight into the team and was targeting players with previous Championship experience.

Its this kind of horseshit excuse that pisses people off. We haven't even got to the window and they're telling us who we're not going to buy.

It's the same bollocks year after year.

Back