• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

This next week is a big week for us. 6 points and it makes a huge difference as a mid table team going into January may be more attractive than one in the bottom three and lose to Cardiff thats where we could well be.

Fortunately we are away so as we have played better on the road we could get something. at least 4 points is required. Lose these games and its season over before Xmas. Relegation dogfight to stay up is the only thing on the horizon then.

Good...We either use our academy 'Keeprs and give them the chance or buy an experienced keeper who is much better than what we have

We should be getting quality keepers in and Thewell and his shite coaches have shot themselves in the foot. They must be simpletons to go back to United after the way we've treated CBJ. Idiots.

Our young keepers are nowhere near good enough (with the exception of Ruddy who I haven't seen play).

Quite. I don't necessarily object to not playing cbj if he's shit, but ffs you've got some big balls or no brain to go back and ask for a favour

(with the exception of Ruddy who I haven't seen play).

Has anyone seen him since he signed? Played a couple of U23's games when on trial then we signed him and he vanished. I'm guessing he is stuck in the same room as Silvio and no one can find them

Has anyone seen him since he signed? Played a couple of U23's games when on trial then we signed him and he vanished. I'm guessing he is stuck in the same room as Silvio and no one can find them
Injured according to our U23 thread sponsor.

Wolves are really shit at releasing injury news this season.

We should be getting quality keepers in and Thewell and his $#@!e coaches have shot themselves in the foot. They must be simpletons to go back to United after the way we've treated CBJ. Idiots.

Our young keepers are nowhere near good enough (with the exception of Ruddy who I haven't seen play).

My point was that instead of loaning a keeper of the same age, Burgoyne should get the chance but if we are looking to bring a keeper in he must be better than what we currently have and then Burgoyne or Flatt are given the push as #2

My point was that instead of loaning a keeper of the same age, Burgoyne should get the chance but if we are looking to bring a keeper in he must be better than what we currently have and then Burgoyne or Flatt are given the push as #2
Johnstone is 3 years older than Burgoyne and played well for Preston last year. In my view he would have been an improvement on our first 2 keepers. However I do agree with you if the deal was only going to be for a week or so as suggested then one of our own youngsters should have got the gig

We did borrow a young keeper from Man City for the Under 23 game against the Albion, probably to protect those still fit for tonights game at Cardiff.

Whilst trying not to appear bias, isn't it a bit petty of United to do that? We're under no obligation to play Borthwick-Jackson regardless of form, etc, and regardless of what we may think about Doherty, it's up to the players not involved to change the manager's mind, no?

Also, Flatt really can't afford to be here post-transfer window. Surely being keeper #3 isn't going to help his development?

Whilst trying not to appear bias, isn't it a bit petty of United to do that? We're under no obligation to play Borthwick-Jackson regardless of form, etc, and regardless of what we may think about Doherty, it's up to the players not involved to change the manager's mind, no?

There were about a dozen clubs asking to take Borthwick-Jackson pre season so Wolves probably assured them he would be a regular starter.

If we loaned Bright out to say, Peterborough in January - with the only reason for doing so being that we wanted him to get prolonged gametime because we didn't feel we could offer it to him here at this point and he's beyond the stage of playing U23 football now - then they hardly used him, never gave him a run of more than two games in a row, played some absolute shithouse instead of him most weeks and then came calling for Herc a few months later, how do you think we would react?

Whats the rules on loans this season, could United take Borthwick-Jackson back in January and hand him over to Steve Bruce and Villa for the rest of the season.

Depends if FIFA have updated their rules. It was mentioned a few days ago when Lescott's return was mooted; he has already played one game for Villa's U23s and four games for AEK Athens and at least as of a couple of years ago (when Hatem Ben Arfa found himself a free agent in January, having played one game for Newcastle's U21s and a handful for Hull on loan) FIFA treat U23 games as competitive fixtures. And so Ben Arfa was barred from playing for a third club in that season. Unless the rules have changed then Lescott would be unable to play for us and Borthwick-Jackson would be unable to play for anyone else this season, having played one game for United's U23s and six games for us.

Common sense would dictate that Academy games should not count but this is FIFA.

Not sure about this:

Graham ‏@graham_large 53m53 minutes ago
Apparently Wolves, or more specifically Fosun, have held talks with Robbie Keane over a possible return in a player-coach role. #wwfc

Ah - the perennial Keane rumour.

No transfer window is complete without it.

Graham usually knows his stuff and isn't one to bandy rumours around willy-nilly

Back