• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City (A) build up 15/8/17

It was a deflection that took it onto the line. Bit jammy.

Had us down for 2-1 so glad to get the 1 out of the way early.

It wasn't zonal. It was the cross being deflected and wrongfooting half of the backline.

Enobakhare weaving his way through tries to do too much and takes 1 touch more than he needs to and with Doherty making room and standing unmarked, waving his arms and yelling his bollocks off, Bright makes the wrong decision...

We are zonal at corners which adds unnecessary pressure to the defending

thanks for the comms WH, keep it going

Jota flying into their box and about to let fly loses his balance, and his footing and the chance is cleared.

Show what??

I actually don't know, I was half-joking.

One of the commentators for the Premier League over here said something on Saturday about teams that mark zonally actually concede less from set pieces than those that don't. I didn't factcheck that and in fairness he immediately followed it up with something to the effect of "not sure I believe it".

One of the commentators for the Premier League over here said something on Saturday about teams that mark zonally actually concede less from set pieces than those that don't. I didn't factcheck that and in fairness he immediately followed it up with something to the effect of "not sure I believe it".

Hilarious.

Tonight's ex-player panel on sky sports all agree its well dodgy . But as paddy says it's favoured by continental coaches. Working well for arsenal and liverpool at present ..... not

Wolves have 58% possession but it sure doesn't sound like it...
Douglas flying down the line to Jota and it's out and... Hull have the throw in. That was a Wolves throw.
Enobakhare, wins the ball back brilliantly then went flying into the area 1 on 1 but stops and is now surrounded by 4 defenders and it's gone.
Another promising Wolves attack fades out...

We are zonal at corners which adds unnecessary pressure to the defending

What, run and head the ball? Takes all the pressure out of it.

Poorly executed zonal marking is just as bad as poorly executed man marking. It's not the man/zonal that's the issue. It's the "poorly executed" part.

Neves with a gorgeous long ball to Douglas but it's blocked out of touch. What a sumptuous bit of football. Sublime.

Man marking should be better equipped to stop the run and free header than zonal. But yes, poorly executed anything doesn't help

Back