• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City (A) build up 15/8/17

Get in. Excellent work Bright!

Saiss has kicked the ball out thinking the Hull player needed treatment and Hull threw it to their keeper.
Saiss and (Hull player) having a push and shove over that but the ref comes over and calms it all down.
Jota trying to make it on his own following a lovely ball from Doherty. Tackled and fucked off out of it.

Bright ran down the right, into the box, squared across for a tapin

Jota scores!! After great work by Enobakhare.

Top play from Bright and a sharp cross for Jota to tap in. Dieeeeeeegggggooooooo.

Man marking should be better equipped to stop the run and free header than zonal. But yes, poorly executed anything doesn't help

But if you're playing zonal properly you should still be on the run. You go and attack the ball as you would any other time. Your body shape is also correct making it easier and you're not facing you're own goal.

Often in man marking you lose your man and are all out of shape or get "blocked" leaving the guy with a free header.

BBC telling me it's Teixeira Da Silva....
Whhhhhooooooooooo?????

Tonight's ex-player panel on sky sports all agree its well dodgy . But as paddy says it's favoured by continental coaches. Working well for arsenal and liverpool at present ..... not

We'd have to really dig into some stats to say for sure.

My gut tells me that it's likely about the same as man-marking, it's just that it looks really, really, really bad when someone fucks it up. Man-marking has the benefit of never looking like you're not trying, even if you've been hopelessly beaten.

COYW!!!!!! we are premier league(well, a bit early maybe)

Enobakhare with another blistering run dazzling his way into the box, a sweet 1 - 2 with Doherty and Bright for once looks up and splits the defence with a lovely ball, nicely weighted for a waltzing Jota to slip his defender and slot it in. Fucking hell, we can play some great football.
2-1.

Wtf? So Jota is like a nickname??

zonal or man-to-man, really depends on the players also..both has its positives, you can also combine, if they have one or two very good players on set pieces, man-to-man on them and zonal the rest

Back