• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City (A) build up 15/8/17

I am very nervous about this game for some reason, I am not used to us not only starting well but winning. I have a feeling we will lose this 2-1 with Jota getting the goal (probably off the bench)

it usually goes tits up when many people are optimistic about the game..hoping not this time

it usually goes tits up when many people are optimistic about the game..hoping not this time

I've been a Wolves supporter all my life (and I'm 64 now) and I have seen so many highs and lows, false dawns galore and huge build-ups of expectations shortly before the inevitable crash. We have started this season in tremendous fashion and I can feel the familiar build up starting - is this the year? On the other hand, experience tells me that I must not get carried away - we've only played two league games after all, albeit against two of the sides who were forecast to be challenging for promotion, but still only two games. If we're still playing as well as we have in the first two games when we've played twenty games and we are sitting pretty at the top end of the league will I start to feel less cautious and more optimistic. Two wins from the next two matches and even I will start to believe!

I've been a Wolves supporter all my life (and I'm 64 now) and I have seen so many highs and lows, false dawns galore and huge build-ups of expectations shortly before the inevitable crash. We have started this season in tremendous fashion and I can feel the familiar build up starting - is this the year? On the other hand, experience tells me that I must not get carried away - we've only played two league games after all, albeit against two of the sides who were forecast to be challenging for promotion, but still only two games. If we're still playing as well as we have in the first two games when we've played twenty games and we are sitting pretty at the top end of the league will I start to feel less cautious and more optimistic. Two wins from the next two matches and even I will start to believe!
It's wolves innit, never straight forward...or could it be this season..really like NES and his attitude and demands..his way of thinking..will not be easy tonight though

We have to remember that this Hull side has been absolutely fucking emasculated by those bastard Allams*. There are still some good players there, but they aren't as strong as they were by a long chalk.

We have to keep Abel out of the game and hope our abilities can shine through.

*I genuinely feel sorry for the Hull fans about the way their owners are acting. It is not cool.

Graham takes Ronan's place on the bench

Unchanged side, nice to see and more faith rightly put in Bright. Hopefully the lads aren't to knackered after the weekend although I expect all 3 subs will be used. Ive changed my mind I think Bonatini will score tonight after missing a couple at the weekend.

Might as well:

DHSbUtjXUAEbxz4.jpg

Still good attacking players in that Hull team but we should be putting the likes of Dawson and Clark on their backs.

No, flat 4-4-2 by the looks of it. Henriksen is a good player, but he's very attacking to play in a pair.

Interesting.

Some decent players, but that formation rather plays into our hands if we are savvy. We could have a fucking field day against their full backs

Back