• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City (A) build up 15/8/17

Jota looked most tired to me, I think they'll swap - so Cav to start and Jota coming on sometime in the second half - but otherwise it'll be the same.

That said, we need to be really careful with our wing-backs in this formation, so wouldn't be surprised to see Vinagre get a chance, and give Douglas a rest. (Likewise if Marshall or Ofosu-Ayeh were fit Doherty might have rotated.)

We're two games into the season and the first team don't have a midweek game next week. Absolutely no need to think about resting players yet.

Don't expect anyone to be rested but I could see Cav starting for Leo. We certainly won't be taking any kind of chances with backup players against hull away from home

Unless anyone has a knock then wouldn't want to be changing much though some merit in using Cav for any one of the front three & having the one replaced on the bench if needed

Also no need for both Batth & Bennett on the bench - one is enough. Would rather have Vinagre there to cover the wingbacks (can he play either side?) as they have had probably more work to do than anyone else

Ruben V is pure left side. Theoretically Doc can play both sides.

Ruben V is pure left side. Theoretically Doc can play both sides.

OK - wasn't sure

Important that we get Ofosuh-Ayew or Marshall fit to cover/take over on the right. Graham is not a like for like replacement in that formation & they need to get through a lot of work so a full 46 games is unlikely for either who have the shirts now

We're two games into the season and the first team don't have a midweek game next week. Absolutely no need to think about resting players yet.

It's a long season and, if Jota or Leo are slightly tired, why wouldn't we play Cav instead?

Bit of a moot point though, Cav played really well when he came on against Derby and probably deserves a start.

When Marshall is fit I guess doc becomes LWB cover, although I think Marshall would be just as good at LWB as doc.

There seem to be a few doubts around vinegre

When Marshall is fit I guess doc becomes LWB cover, although I think Marshall would be just as good at LWB as doc.

There seem to be a few doubts around vinegre

Vinagre looked reasonable last Tues, but suppose that it was only Yeovil so probably not a real test

So how does everyone think we will do tonight? It's the biggest test of the new season so far. If we can get a decent result tonight it's going to tell us so much more about the new Wolves and their ability to make a sustained promotion push this season. As far as I know, Hull haven't lost too many of their players from last season, so there will be plenty of Premiership experience in the team tonight and they will be buzzing after crushing Burton at the weekend.Based on what we've seen so far, can we cope?

There will be a few of us around later on.

PM me if anyone wants to meet for a beer.

So how does everyone think we will do tonight? It's the biggest test of the new season so far. If we can get a decent result tonight it's going to tell us so much more about the new Wolves and their ability to make a sustained promotion push this season. As far as I know, Hull haven't lost too many of their players from last season, so there will be plenty of Premiership experience in the team tonight and they will be buzzing after crushing Burton at the weekend.Based on what we've seen so far, can we cope?

I would say both Boro and Derby were bigger tests than Hull away. Hull have been decimated from the team they had last season, gone are MaGuire, Rannochia, Elmohady, Robertson and Jakupovic. That's an entire new back 5 for them as well as losing Huddlestone, Livermore and Niasse (who was on loan). All in all the from the last games of the season in the prem there will only be 4 of that team that will play tonight (Grosicki, Clucas, Hernandez, Bowen) and their manager has also changed.

I think it's a trnasition year for them and whilst they may well be a decent team they're at the same stage as us in transition from the old to the new.

I only saw the highlights but I thought Burton looked pretty poor. We really should get something out of the game tonight, and if we have 10 points after 4 games then I'd say we can look forward to a very exciting season

Hull fans seem pretty worried about their full backs. It's a youth player plus that Aina guy they have on loan.

Not the best position to be worried about when Wolves are your next game...

Aina looked absolutely rancid against Villa. Definitely someone to target.

I would say both Boro and Derby were bigger tests than Hull away. Hull have been decimated from the team they had last season, gone are MaGuire, Rannochia, Elmohady, Robertson and Jakupovic. That's an entire new back 5 for them as well as losing Huddlestone, Livermore and Niasse (who was on loan). All in all the from the last games of the season in the prem there will only be 4 of that team that will play tonight (Grosicki, Clucas, Hernandez, Bowen) and their manager has also changed.

I think it's a trnasition year for them and whilst they may well be a decent team they're at the same stage as us in transition from the old to the new.

Blimey, I was way out when I said I didn't think their team had changed much! I'm a little more optimistic now about tonight. :icon_smile:

We're going to batter them, 4-0. Their defence is an absolute joke.

Back