• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

It was -4 and snow flurries when I was out this morning, Definitely made me think about my life choices.

You were running? Fair play, brave, I don't run if there is a risk of me slipping on my arse.
Yep. When it’s that cold and dry it’s usually more sticky than slippy if that makes sense. Also I’ve got some hybrid trail shoes which are very grippy.

You were running? Fair play, brave, I don't run if there is a risk of me slipping on my arse.
Same here.

However there is 100% chance of me slipping on my arse in all weathers, so somewhat controlled by that

Yep. When it’s that cold and dry it’s usually more sticky than slippy if that makes sense. Also I’ve got some hybrid trail shoes which are very grippy.
Yeah it's sensible to get off the roads and pavements when it gets colder too.

Are you training for anything specific?

Got to zero degrees pretty quickly, and with bright sunshine and no wind it actually felt much warmer. After the rain and grey clouds we’ve had for ages it felt amazing being out crisp underfoot with the sun coming through the trees.

Was a wrench getting out but definitely worth it.

IMG_7785.jpeg

Infernal weather here. Got to be at least 150mm of rain on this farmstead in the last few hours. Massive thunder and you can see about 50 metres. Roads are completely underwater. Shame I have to feed the cows in about half an hour

Woke up to -6° here, but at least it's dry...

-3° here (feels like -7° apparently) and we’re back up to double figures by Sunday. Mad.

Shoes that are battery powered and can run on diesel? How cool is that?

A first for me this morning! Waiting on Guernsey airport tarmac for the aircraft to be de-iced!!

Back