• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

We had a nice little storm yesterday. 80mm of rain in 40 minutes.

It was also bin day and one bin did get blown over.

We had a nice little storm yesterday. 80mm of rain in 40 minutes.

It was also bin day and one bin did get blown over.
Do you live in the town Paddy or out in the sticks a bit...?
I saw a video of a storm in the mountains and an hour or so later the river started rising until it broke through and started flooding all these nice lawns and houses.
In a town you have drains but out of edges not so, just packed earth... bit scary...

On the edge of a city of 250k. We are about 5k from the centre.

As the town had a flash flood a decade ago that killed people they have proper defences where the two creeks join.

Our plot looked like a swimming pool for a few hours. You don’t tend to have nice flash lawns with horses as a rule.

Rain is biblical in Bridgnorth this evening and about 20 minutes ago was the loudest clap of thunder I've ever heard, actually sounded like there had been a large explosion nearby

Apparently 10 people were killed in the Christmas and Boxing Day storms here. They were incredibly violent. 3 people died from getting washed into storm drains which is horrendous.

Trees down everywhere and large parts of SE Queensland were without power for days.

Rain is biblical in Bridgnorth this evening and about 20 minutes ago was the loudest clap of thunder I've ever heard, actually sounded like there had been a large explosion nearby
That bang made the BBC news.

That bang made the BBC news.
It was huge, never heard a thunder clap like it and isolated too - no build up and no further rumbles afterwards. Lots of speculation on local Facebook groups afterwards that there had been an explosion nearby rather than thunder

Did someone forget to turn the light on this morning? Likes it permanently 6am at the moment
I've thought that the last couple of days. Still really dark even around 8am.

I'm taking AL today, so turned off my 05:30 alarm. When I woke naturally and saw how dark it was, I assumed I'd woken at the normal time, but it was 08:00, very strange.

Its been pretty shit all over Christmas really with grey skies, lots of rain and wind. Not festive at all.

I noticed how dark it was this morning too, pouring down too

I find waking up in the dark a real struggle, especially when it seems like hours before it starts to get light

We have had stormy days quite a lot. It’s noticeable that sunset is back before 7pm again but the difference is only two hours shortest to longest day

Back