• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Think today's weather is the kind that unifies everyone in the "this is shit" camp. Overcast, bit of rain scattered about, nowhere near as warm as it has been but so humid it's like walking through soup. Best of no worlds.

Yeah it's really muggy today. Drizzled a bit a couple of times but nothing to clear the air properly.

Think today's weather is the kind that unifies everyone in the "this is shit" camp. Overcast, bit of rain scattered about, nowhere near as warm as it has been but so humid it's like walking through soup. Best of no worlds.

Much better than yesterday for me. Cloud cover and a few showers kept temperatures much more bearable and perfectly normal inside the house without the sun bearing down. Even managed to spend most the morning out doing the garden.

The only person who could have possibly enjoyed today was prince Andrew.

Not any longer as surprisingly that PTSD side effect isn't a problem now

It was fine. Just had a 5ish mile walk with the kids and stopped off at the Greyhound for a shandy. No complaints.

It was fine. Just had a 5ish mile walk with the kids and stopped off at the Greyhound for a shandy. No complaints.
Bradmore and Castlecroft are two different places man

Standard air pressure 1013hPa at sea level.

Bottoming out on the scale today. Never seen it anywhere close to this before 😳😳

IMG_7367.jpg

Strangely enough despite the low pressure it’s all ok here, one of those sort of wet, breezy autumnal mornings that make you not want to do much but that’s about it.

Do feel for those fairly close by that are getting absolutely hammered. Maybe we’re on the weird calm-ish edge perhaps, I dunno, it’s all a bit odd.

I only recently learned how much of an effect air pressure can have on storm surges / sea levels

From the beeb:

Here are some of the strongest wind gusts at 8am. Jersey saw 102mp earlier - but these are the most recent speeds:

92mph - Jersey
77mph - Guernsey
72mph - Langdon Bay, Kent
64mph - Cardinham, Cornwall
However, close to the centre of the storm system, Wisley in Surrey is only seeing gusts up to 8mph.

Yeah, appears I’m that strange calm zone.

Poor Leeds in Jersey, looks like he’s going to be battening down the hatches.

From the beeb:

Here are some of the strongest wind gusts at 8am. Jersey saw 102mp earlier - but these are the most recent speeds:

92mph - Jersey
77mph - Guernsey
72mph - Langdon Bay, Kent
64mph - Cardinham, Cornwall
However, close to the centre of the storm system, Wisley in Surrey is only seeing gusts up to 8mph.

Yeah, appears I’m that strange calm zone.

Poor Leeds in Jersey, looks like he’s going to be battening down the hatches.
Yeah, it's been a bit hairy to say the least. Got in at 17:00 yesterday evening and haven't ventured out since. Fortunately where I am it hasn't been too bad, but there's a lot of damage around the island. Mainly fallen trees, some localised flooding and building and property damage.

The residents have had good sense and followed government guidance to stay at home.

Yeah, it's been a bit hairy to say the least. Got in at 17:00 yesterday evening and haven't ventured out since. Fortunately where I am it hasn't been too bad, but there's a lot of damage around the island. Mainly fallen trees, some localised flooding and building and property damage.

The residents have had good sense and followed government guidance to stay at home.
Stay safe, Sir

So who's had snow? We had some yesterday evening in Burton and it's still on the ground now thanks to the temperature.

I'll be glad by the end of this week when it's supposed to bugger off and get some warmer wet and mild weather again. Hate the cold.

Back