• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I was in Wales last week and it was 23-24 with a lovely breeze straight off the sea. Now that's perfect.

30 degrees and more is wank and I'm convinced people are kidding themselves that they like it.
Yep, ‘I like it warm but not this warm’ is the phrase when what they really mean is ‘hot weather is shit’.

Last edited:
Millions of people who enjoy the sun and the outdoors > you.
Yeah I get that, but it's not the outdoors specifically. It's doing stuff outdoors that you'd normally do indoors just because you want to sit under the direct baking sunshine.

Don’t go to Singapore then! That’s grown up humid. English humidity is still in short trousers by comparison
I went for a week! Landed at midnight, went out the airport for a smoke and thought I was going to die it was so humid! After a bit though you get used to it, plus everywhere has air con so you get respite from it

I went for a week! Landed at midnight, went out the airport for a smoke and thought I was going to die it was so humid! After a bit though you get used to it, plus everywhere has air con so you get respite from it
My abiding memory from the first time I went was waiting for a pedestrian crossing on Orchard road and they have aircon fans blowing cool water over you as you wait (it vaporises pretty instantly so it’s like a mist cloud of cool).

My end of the world we are expecting a somewhat toasty summer with El Niño kicking in. So QLD will be proper dry and baking. I’m glad Toowoomba is way above sea level as it will take the edge off the heat. Brisbane can be seventh circle of hell hot. Christ knows what Cairns and Townsville are like. I want to take a trip to Alice Springs one day as I suppose the great centre and Uluru are a bucket list thing but I’m imagining that would be like an oven.

Talking dry and baking we have had under average rain for years and the bush fire season could be bad. We had a catastrophic risk warning this week. Apparently very early in the season for that. There are a few fires already but nothing like Black Friday or Ash Wednesday yet. Hope it stays that way.

Moaned all day it was too hot then a major thunderstorm arrived to change what I am moaning about

I'd fucking love a thunderstorm right now (well, when I've got home...)

I am only moaning because I was out and at home all my washing was outside and not drying anymore

Scunthorpe United's home game with Buxton in National League North was abandoned in the final minutes of stoppage time because of a waterlogged pitch, after torrential rain.

Well spent all day on the Welsh coast. Didn’t get the baking sunshine, but 22 degrees and pretty pleasant. Sun poked through about 3ish until we left at 7-30 and that was very pleasant.

Got back home though and the bedroom is saying 28 degrees! Hottest evening yet! Shut every blind/curtain/window before we left and that’s done fuck all…

I'm seriously considering buying an AC unit and the window sealing thingy. Anyone have any experience with these things?

I'm seriously considering buying an AC unit and the window sealing thingy. Anyone have any experience with these things?
The portable ones? Noisy as. Cools well though, but then you have to turn it off and wake up 3 hours later sweating again.

I’d just get a real AC unit instead. Far more practical and cheaper to run

I have one running in big bedroom with doors just open. And a fan on the landing circulating it. By bed time upstairs is fairly cool (now, while downstairs is rancid). With door shut it would cool a room right down fairly quickly

It was fine last night. I always have the window open and the blind down. It was still around 26-27 deg at midnight but with the cool breeze coming through the window was ok to sleep.

Back