• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

If you can set up a cross breeze through the house by opening a window at the front and one at the back then that helps with airflow.
Open ground floor windows in the shade and upstairs windows in the sun, keep the internal doors open and it'll create a bit of a stack effect as the warm air escapes drawing cooler air in from the shade.

Fucking ell, we get one maybe two periods of 4 or 5 days continuous hot weather a year on average.
It’ll be pissing down again next week and the central heating will be coming on in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, and it's 4 or 5 shit days as none of our buildings are set up for it (also it was way more than that in 2021 and 2022).

It being uncomfortable to do anything indoors or outdoors isn't fun and I have no wish to look like Andre Marriner any time soon so I don't want to sit in it either.

It being uncomfortable to do anything indoors or outdoors isn't fun and I have no wish to look like Andre Marriner any time soon so I don't want to sit in it either.
I never understand people's obsession with going out and sitting in it.

Any time the sun comes out people rush outside to do normal indoors stuff like drink tea, read, or eat their lunch.

Each to their on, personally I can’t get enough of it, off to Lanzarote on the 19th to grab a last little bit before the time of year I hate the most arrives.

I was in Wales last week and it was 23-24 with a lovely breeze straight off the sea. Now that's perfect.

30 degrees and more is wank and I'm convinced people are kidding themselves that they like it.

Not too m bad being out just not in direct sunlight. You’ll drip with sweat just lying down in it and it’s not even that sunny with it being September.

I’ve been in air conditioned rooms at work and it’s not that sunny when I go in and not that sunny when I go out so haven’t really experienced it this time. Tomorrow will be my first taste I guess. Nights haven’t been as bad but still unpleasant but with the sun setting earlier it does give it more chance to cool.

I love the heat but its tough going today. We've got fans going indoors and all windows are open but its not helping.
I've had 2 cold showers today to deal with it and will need a third soon as I am soaked in sweat. Made the mistake of mowing the lawn after lunch and it was boiling, 27 C dead heat, no breeze.
The back of our house is South facing and the kitchen wall is all glass so it is like a greenhouse in Death Valley in there, I normally work in there but not this week.
Fair play what do they sing?

Love the hot weather, I chose a shit time to be in Australia.

Fucking ell, we get one maybe two periods of 4 or 5 days continuous hot weather a year on average.
It’ll be pissing down again next week and the central heating will be coming on in a couple of weeks.
It's meant to be high teens low 20s until Halloween.

We shall see.

Love the hot weather, I chose a shit time to be in Australia.

Same, I chose a shit time to be in Alaska 😳.

Although to be fair, it’s very pleasant during the day, just cold at night. Sounds outrageous back home though.

I wonder if it’s not so much loving the heat, as hating the cold. Not sure you can really win to be fair, 23/25 during the day and 16/18 at night 365 days a year would be perfect for me. If anyone knows where that is, let me know and I’m buying a one-way ticket.

Last edited:
It’s quite pleasant in this part of Oz. Temperatures in the mid seventies. Maybe might hit eighty. Wall to wall sunshine. Gentle breeze. Typical spring day.

I spent four hours fixing the fence so the dogs can’t escape and I must admit I appear to be a little cooked.

Same, I chose a shit time to be in Alaska 😳.

Although to be fair, it’s very pleasant during the day, just cold at night. Sounds outrageous back home though.

I wonder if it’s not so much loving the heat, as hating the cold. Not sure you can really win to be fair, 23/25 during the day and 16/18 at night 365 days a year would be perfect for me. If anyone knows where that is, let me know and I’m buying a one-way ticket.
Tenerife.

Love hot weather but hate it when it gets ridiculously humid though.

I like the heat. I’m in the kitchen this afternoon cooking Als Fish Pathia to eat during the England game.
There will be lots of cold beer drunk during the cooking……

I'm loving it. Making up for a shit July and August by having a nice September. Sat outside on the decking last night in shorts and vest, was like being in Italy!

Back