• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Yeah it's just going over Newport now, it better stop soon, I gorra goo dahn the pub for 8.

Manholes shouldn’t buckle. If they did it for the commonwealth games they probably bolted them down to stop people putting bombs in. The rainwater has probably popped them out.
Wow, bombs in a man hole!?

There was 2 or 3 raised above the surface, the corner sticking out. Being popped up makes more sense. One of them had a complete half missing though. Basically just made sure i avoided all of them!

There was 2 or 3 raised above the surface, the corner sticking out. Being popped up makes more sense. One of them had a complete half missing though. Basically just made sure i avoided all of them!
been doing it for as long as I can remember. They welded them shut for the London Olympics.

Yeah, they would have popped due to the surcharge pressure of the backed up water. If one had a complete half missing (I assume it was a double triangular cover?) it's probably becuase the two halves haven't been bolted together.

As for bombs being placed in a manhole, it's been common practice to lift manhole covers and check for potential terrorist explosive devices where there may be high profile events taking place.

Last edited:
been doing it for as long as I can remember. They welded them shut for the London Olympics.
Seen them doing similar when I was in London just before some big event years ago. Imagine they have to go back round and undo all that pretty soon after though otherwise it's a world of pain for all the utility companies to go and deal with their equipment.

Seen them doing similar when I was in London just before some big event years ago. Imagine they have to go back round and undo all that pretty soon after though otherwise it's a world of pain for all the utility companies to go and deal with their equipment.
Don't think they bother. Most inspection chambers get lifted very infrequently and they just make sure if they do need to go its done beforehand.

Don't think they bother. Most inspection chambers get lifted very infrequently and they just make sure if they do need to go its done beforehand.
In my experience you're lucky if these people even turn up with the right, or any, manhole keys when they come to do this type of work. Expecting them to plan ahead and get someone to come round to grind off all those welds before they even turn up seems somewhat ambitious, especially when a lot of that access is done at fairly short notice to find faults or fix problems.

In my experience you're lucky if these people even turn up with the right, or any, manhole keys when they come to do this type of work. Expecting them to plan ahead and get someone to come round to grind off all those welds before they even turn up seems somewhat ambitious, especially when a lot of that access is done at fairly short notice to find faults or fix.problems.
'these people'?

Well that's the heaviest rain I've ever been in, running home there was so much water in my eyes, couldn't see where I was going.
Our road is flooded from pavement to pavement, never seen that before and we've lived here 36 years. Me, missus, son, grandson + 3 dogs, all soaked to the skin, grandson thought it was hilarious, laughing his head off all the way home.

We had a bit of a downpour here but nothing monumental. Only lasted ten minutes as well really.

We had a bit of a downpour here but nothing monumental. Only lasted ten minutes as well really.
This one was a deluge which lasted about 30 minutes, followed by another half hour of heavy rain. It was very localised, my daughter a couple of miles up in Lilleshall just had a heavy shower.

We had that weather here.

That's 3 or 4 insanely heavy thunderstorms in the last month or so

We had that weather here.

That's 3 or 4 insanely heavy thunderstorms in the last month or so
Warm, humid weather, has more moisture in it. Those Cumulous clouds go up thousands of feet!
Underneath it's just dark grey clouds, from a distance you'd see it and go, "Wow!! Somebody's getting very wet!"

It's rained without stopping for 3 days here. The forecast looks like its going to be raining until at least next Saturday. Absolute joy... 😫😤

It's rained without stopping for 3 days here. The forecast looks like it’s going to be raining until at least next Saturday. Absolute joy... 😫😤
Look on the positive side and get yourself over to the summer transfer thread. The weather situation won’t seem so bad once you’ve read that.

Like swimming in warm water?
No wonder our weather is fucked up!
The Atlantic Ocean just around Florida was measured at 101.1' yesterday evening.
At a depth of 5 feet. (Not off the beach but in a place called Manatee Bay. )
The recommended temp for a comfortable Jacuzzi is 100 - 106'

We swam in the Caribbean sea last Oct and it was honestly like bath water, it was lovely but alarming at how warm it was.

Back