• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

And to add more to this Australian weather bods have announced that the three year La Niña that is behind the flooding has definitely ended as we head into autumn. El Niño is expected to be in ascendancy toward the end of the year so the next Australian summer is expected to be a really hot one. Which is going to be very warm indeed.

Having scraped ice of my car in leeds at 05:00, I can report that it's 9° and sunshining in Jersey.

Bastard hot today and very humid in Brisbane. Got home to Toowoomba and the most incredible lightning cell is piling over. Never seen so much lightning and the thunder is LOUD. Spectacular show. Cheers Mother Nature!

Bastard hot today and very humid in Brisbane. Got home to Toowoomba and the most incredible lightning cell is piling over. Never seen so much lightning and the thunder is LOUD. Spectacular show. Cheers Mother Nature!
Pics next time dude!

So are we in Fake Spring 2 or Winter 3? 🤷‍♂️🤔 If we're in Winter 3 it means real Spring could actually be next. 👍
We are in metereological and climatological Spring (from 01 March). Astronomical Spring occurs on 20 March (vernal equinox).

There is an old adage, "Ne'er cast a clout 'til May is out", which suggests that cold snaps are quite common during spring.

Last edited:
In March I guess you you can think it should be warm because there is much more daylight but it’s really the same as November. Obviously in March because there’s more sun, there’s the opportunity for it to to be ‘warm in the sun’, but the air temperature is still cold.

Plus 31 days is a long time. So at the start of March the sun still hasn’t enough time to heat up the sea and land, but by the end of it things can be much different.

No idea why I’ve just wrote all that anyway. Must be very bored. I blame the international break.

A few years back on the NSW Central Coast there was a really dramatic thunderstorm over the hills and mountains around my daughter's house. As it got towards dusk I sat on the front yard watching nature's amazing light show all around me. The only problem was the mozzies deciding I was an all you can eat buffet!

My arms and legs agree! The mozzies here are hardcore
I found antihistamine (Polaramine) to be the best stuff for me to take to control the itching and reduce swelling along with antiseptic cream (Soovbite, if needed).

Attachments

• 20230119_105307.jpg
    20230119_105307.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If you can get Smidge it's the best for mozzies otherwise it's the very expensive jungle formula.
Not seen Smidge in Oz tbf. Edit, just checked it's not available in Oz.

I've tried Aerogard in Oz. It's pretty good stuff. There's also para kito available there which is inserted into a proprietary wristband. The refills are effective for 14 days. Citronella coils can be placed around the front or back yard and lit as repellents too.

Hailstorm and mucho thunder in South West Wolves...

A lot of thunder here at the mo, not much rain

Edit: Now the end of the world has started here

It was 3 fucking degrees here at 7am. Outrageous. Was 23 by 10am but even so!

Back