• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Still coming down heavy and with big flakes here in Burton. Roads are still ok though.

Its even pretty deep here in Bridgnorth too which is fairly unusual

Update on this

9.20. Still freezing and now heavy snow. Now hoping after the reptile attack, you accidently piss off a Kangaroo
It’s raining. The rain is really warm so the whole place is sauna steamy

cycled in through horrendous conditions this morning. roads not cleared in brum.
amazingly, going around various buildings it seems to be the case that everyone on pay grades above mine have "had to work from home", and people are (rightly) asking what to do re travel given it is phenomenally difficult, and the messages we are getting back (from people at home) must be causing them to have a fuck ton of splinters up their arses, given how much fence sitting they're doing.
We showed for 2+ fucking years we can work effectively from home ffs.

cycled in through horrendous conditions this morning. roads not cleared in brum.
amazingly, going around various buildings it seems to be the case that everyone on pay grades above mine have "had to work from home", and people are (rightly) asking what to do re travel given it is phenomenally difficult, and the messages we are getting back (from people at home) must be causing them to have a fuck ton of splinters up their arses, given how much fence sitting they're doing.
We showed for 2+ fucking years we can work effectively from home ffs.

Thought you might appreciate this little pic from last nights off-road ride Mr LJ.

The pitch black in and out of the woods night time rides are a different dynamic a right good laugh always finishing at the pub, but last night’s ride was two hours solid of rain, snow, sleet and mud, lots of mud, and freezing cold. Soaked through and numb toes in the boozer which questioned the sanity but hey, love it really.

Anyway, can’t imagine cycling through that this morning and then having to do a days work, never mind cycle back home again. Fair play, that’s commitment, hope you’ve dried out. Been a long old winter.

6BED3FE3-F459-4348-87BB-FB2DA5D7EF64.jpeg

This you Keef?

images

We don't really get weather in Torbay. Almost never a frost; no snow since a little bit during the Beast from the East 5 years ago; rarely above 27 degrees; rains a bit sometimes; blowy now and again. Oh, there was the Great Gale of Brixham in 1866, apparently. Nothing much since then, though.
Damn i need to move here then. For the heat part rather than snow.

mate of mine moved to cornwall 25+ years ago. he thinks he's seen snow only twice since he moved there.

We don't really get weather in Torbay. Almost never a frost; no snow since a little bit during the Beast from the East 5 years ago; rarely above 27 degrees; rains a bit sometimes; blowy now and again. Oh, there was the Great Gale of Brixham in 1866, apparently. Nothing much since then, though.
Similar in the Channel Islands. Apart from the blowy bit. Tends to be a bit more windy due to the location. 12° today (currently 10°as I type) and first crop of Jersey Royals hit the shelves today.

Like Torbay and southern Cornwall, palm trees grow quite happily here too.

mate of mine moved to cornwall 25+ years ago. he thinks he's seen snow only twice since he moved there.

The stretch of south cornwall encompassing St Austell Bay and the villages and beaches included in the stretch between Gribben Head to Black Head are referred to as 'The Cornish Riviera'.

Interesting looking at the forecast but here amongst our 24 Bungalows on our little estate, there are 6 or 7 of them happily growing palm trees. As far as snow falling all over the place, the so called jet stream still just about reaches our beach about 400 yards away, but where snow is falling inland we have rain. My garden is flooded, front and back. Just because the Jet Stream splits at Lands End and flows up the Irish Sea.
Even as far as the Boyne Estuary!
Here at this spot the last snow fell around 6 years ago and had gone the day after.

It absolutely pissed down last night here and washed all of the snow away which was a bonus, but it's snowing again now and starting to stick again and is forecast for most of the day. Plus apparently it's going down to -10°C tonight, what the fuck?!

Just came down loads here and high school was closed. Stopped almost immediately after 🙄

Decent covering here, got woke up about 4am by some prick who doesn't know how to drive in the snow revving the shit out of his struggling car. Then he returned with a friend to help push about 7am and took 20 minutes to travel 100m or so out of view.

Good opportunity to go for a little tootle around the block and test out the snow socks I bought last year.

Really nasty driving snow here. Both the secondary and primary schools have called it off. Lots of white stuff, but not exactly the kind of conditions you want to amble out into to build a snowman.

Back