• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Unfortunately it's very overcast right now so can't see anything.

Be aware that using your camera might not be as good as you think or hope.
I did a Zoom meeting last night with only a small sidelight on but on the screen it looked like the whole room was well lit.
All modern cameras nowadays have a light enhancer built in 'to allow you you take great photos by the fire or out at night camping etc etc'.
Plus, your eyes aren't that great at picking up faint images against a dark background.
So where you see a faint image of moving lights in the sky, your image enhancer will kick in and fuck it up.
There's also the whole thing of radio waves and red I think is at the longer end of the spectrum so harder to pick it up...
But I'm not sure about all of that stuff.

The Midlands has yellow warnings in place for the next 3 days for snow and ice. The SSW produced the blocking highs over the UK and now that has moved off to Greenland this has allowed the Arctic air to swarm in. Not as cold as the Siberian air if the high pressure was over Scandinavia but still disruptive.

Last edited:
Just a few light flurries here, missus didn't even need to scrape the car this morning.

Flew out of Manchester at 07:45 this morning. No weather issues driving over the Pennines or indeed at the airport. Jersey clear too. The pilot mentioned it was snowing in Bristol and the attendent at the car hire desk in Jersey said that some incoming flights had been delayed.

We've had a fair bit (Newport) but the roads have been fine.

Plenty of snow in my neck of Royal Hertfordshire, but none of it settling on the roads, and thankfully trains all good...
Potentially going on through till tomorrow morning, so we'll see.

Apparently it's Thursday that's supposed to be fun.
The cold air stream pouring down from the North Pole or thereabouts will meet a warm weather front pushing up from the Azores/South.
This rainy front hits the cold air and turns it to snow!
Now it all depends on how far south the cold air gets before the rainy front hits it.
Certainly we are supposed to experience it, but you guys...? Possibly.

Virtually nothing up here in the wild and woolly north-east.

I hope AC costs less than we pay for heat!

Kids have got a snow day today, which they are thrilled about. Although, it led my boss to have a big rant about how lazy teachers are and how they have the easiest job in the world. Proper pissed me off.

Tell him to look after and educate 20+ little scrotes (plus your kids of course) for the day and see how easy he thinks it is then

20.43. Its freezing and snowing. Hope a reptile bites you x
Update on this

9.20. Still freezing and now heavy snow. Now hoping after the reptile attack, you accidently piss off a Kangaroo

Left the house to go to the office - get a call at 9.30 telling me the school has just decided to close.

Fucking hell - take your time making a decision, it's fine.

Worse than Jeff kicking his heels over sacking Lage.

We don't really get weather in Torbay. Almost never a frost; no snow since a little bit during the Beast from the East 5 years ago; rarely above 27 degrees; rains a bit sometimes; blowy now and again. Oh, there was the Great Gale of Brixham in 1866, apparently. Nothing much since then, though.

Back